01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NI-SP Firmware to support Hikconnect?

MitchG92

Good Afternoon, I have an older Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-SP running Version V3.1.0 build 171010. Is it possible for this system to have hikconnect without port forwarding?

Thank you

Hi @MitchG92

This model has been long obsolete/EOL so I can't remember what the situation is with Hik-Connect and this NVR.

I believe the Hik-Connect feature was introduced around 2016/2017 and your current firmware (which I believe was one of the last firmware versions for this model) has a build date of October 2017.

So if Hik-Connect is not included on that firmware I doubt it was ever introduced on these older -SP models.

Thanks heap for the reply. Is there anywhere I can search if I have the latest firmware for this australia version?

It might be V3.4.5 Build190715 - the release notes on the other versions in this folder suggest this is the firmware for your unit:

External_NVR_V3-4-4_build170526_Release-Notes-pdf.png

You may then be able to enable Hik-Connect (it might be called "EZVIS Cloud P2P" on your unit) in Configuration>Network Settings>Advanced>Platform Access.

If you can, set the server address to litedev.eu.hik-connect.com.

Then, try adding your NVR via its serial number to your account in the Hik-Connect portal, as per step 2 onwards here.

Thanks yeah I do see that but I think it requires port forwarding with the version im on. ill have a look at that firmware you suggest. thanks mate

Sorry, I missed that you're using Australian firmware - I wouldn't try the above V3.4.5 firmware as it's on the EU portal.
I can't find an Autralian Portal either :(
I can only suggest trying to contact Hikvision Support in your region and asking them which firmware you should use:

Back