01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KH8350-WTE indoor station rings and flashes red, green and blue?

BruceA

I have a DS-KH8350-WTE which doesn't always boot up correctly. As soon as it's plugged in, it begins to ring and the screen flashes alternately red, green and blue. I haven't figured out what makes it stop but, if it does before I get bored, it boots up. I'm new to this kit so I'm confused why this might be. Bad connection? Faulty unit? Firmware is current.

A second noob question. Is it normal for the unit to reset the password if it's powered down or should it retain it?

Hi Bruce. Password should remain the same every time. Only if you factory reset it, then it should loose password.
If that's what is happening i suggest you return it and ask for new.

Upvote 0
Hi Bruce. Password should remain the same every time. Only if you factory reset it, then it should loose password.
If that's what is happening i suggest you return it and ask for new.
Thanks. Unfortunately, it's part of an inherited system so I don't know where it was purchased and, even so, it could be outside warranty as it bears a date 04/2019. I wonder if that indicates a dead battery and whether it can easily be replaced? I guess I should check with Hikvision.

Upvote 0
You can try to factory reset it and upgrade FW to the latest. And repeat factory reset.

Upvote 0
Back