01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1 - to buy or not?

tomycrosound

Hello! I need to know some things, please..
Does doorbell DS-KV6113-WPE1 (A and B version) both can be used as standalone device on wifi?
Where is link for this firmware, version A and version B?
I dont know which version i ordered.
Is possible to connect device to my hikvision acc, but to everyone else in house to work exclusively and only on the local network?
Buy this or find some different manufacturer wifi doorbell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @tomycrosound

The label on the back of the device should tell you whether you have the A or B version of that model.
This is the link to the latest firmware for both - after the update, will be able to use it as a standalone device via the Wi-Fi connection by adding it to Hik-Connect - V2.1.5 Build 200904

These release notes for this firmware explain how to use the unit standalone, but this video takes you through everything that you need to do using DS-KV6113-WPE1 as an example:

Looking at the release notes, I don't think you are able to share this with other Hik-Connect accounts just yet. It will be remotely accessible from any network through Hik-Connect from the account you add it to when you scan the QR code by using Cloud P2P, but not from any other device.

Thank you!
The webshop where I bought doesn’t know if the model is A or B, and I read that A is outdated and there will be no new updates.
So, the solution is to enter my ID on hikconnect for other people in home.

So, the solution is to enter my ID on hikconnect for other people in home.
I'm afraid I don't think this will work (somebody else might correct me on this), as you can only add a device to one Hik-Connect account, and only one account can be used for each device, as explained here.

Usually, you can then share the door station with other accounts, but this does not seem possible on firmware v2.1.5. So, you will need to wait for new firmware before you can share access with the other accounts.

The only way to do this would be to connect the DS-KV6113-WPE1 with an indoor station, which you would then add to your Hik-Connect account (instead of the DS-KV6113-WPE1), and then share with 4 other accounts:

Couldn't I enter my data, with my hikconnect username and password into hikvision app other devices, cell phone, tablet?

Unfortunately not, you can only connect one mobile device to each Hik-Connect account:
1621340672174.png

All other phones/tablets that you share a device can still receive notifications for events set on the main door station (motion detection etc.), they will just not receive alerts for triggers on an external alarm device connected to the alarm I/O ports on the indoor station (like a security system):
1621342278255.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, you can only connect one mobile device to each Hik-Connect account:
View attachment 5798
Sharing does not work on that firmware. But the rest is not entirely true. I just logged in to the iPad with my hikconnect user, and they both work neatly, both tablet and cell phone - one account., One email address.

Ah, that's interesting - thanks for checking and letting us know :)

I haven’t canceled the order yet because I thought there was a possibility that everything was working out properly. I use an iphone, a hik app with my DVR. I installed the same app on the iPad, logged in with my user and everything works, notification and more. Ok.
BUT, when I installed ivms on an android tablet, login with my acc, it added automatic my DVR for live viewing, but I can't activate notifications because I have to add the device manually in that part of the app. The device added in this way does not want to allow notification activation, a problem with the server. So my idea falls into the water because I don’t want to buy another iPad.

Somehow I managed to get, even though the "notifications" tag is not active in the app, the sound comes on an alarm. Just a banner. If I click the banner, it does not open the app. So notifications work, but the app must be active in the background. Uh, how complicated.

Could I trick the process into connecting the bell to the DVR 7204HUHI-K1 and sending notifications to all shared devices through it, perhaps? Can a DVR do that?

It doesn't say B anywhere. It works on cable to some extent, not on wifi. I can't set up a static IP address when connected to wifi. When on wifi, it is offline on hikvision, even though it is connected. (Manufectured 06/2020)

Could I trick the process into connecting the bell to the DVR 7204HUHI-K1 and sending notifications to all shared devices through it, perhaps? Can a DVR do that?
I'm not entirely sure here, I think you might be able to add the DS-KV6113-WPE1 with a NVR / Hybrid DVR without an indoor station, but you would not be able to directly connect it to the recorder, it would need to be added remotely over the network using a PoE injector.

I've asked Hikvision for an update on this with the V2.1.5 firmware, and if notifications will work if the intercom can be added to your recorder, so will let you know more as soon as I can :)

I added a ringtone as an IP camera, but then the sound of the call is horrible, and via dvr / nvr it can't send a call. The sound of the outdoor unit when someone rings is horrible (sounds like calling someone on the phone until someone answers) I currently have a boot loop, I think there is no solution to this.

Sorry for the delay in this update @tomycrosound - Hikvision has confirmed to me that…

If using the villa door stations standalone (without an indoor station), you can add them to Hik-Connect, but cannot share the device with other accounts or receive calls and notifications via Hik-Connect.

However, they are aiming to fix the calls/notifications issue in the next firmware update.

If you connect the DS-KV6113-WPE1 to your NVR, then you would be able to view the live feed and playback in Hik-Connect (by adding the NVR), and you should be able to share the NVR (and connected DS-KV6113-WPE1) - but you will still not receive calls or notifications.

The recommendation is still to use an indoor station with DS-KV6113-WPE1, as when this is added to Hik-Connect you can do all of these things via the app.

Anyone tried the firmware released 15-Jun build 210420 to see if the 'Share Issue' is fixed or not?

Back