01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Exporting footage from my Hik DVR-504-K1 squashes it?

Lrh123

When I export footage from the DVR box using the actual box, and the mobile app the footage that saves looks very squashed, and is not in the widescreen resolution that it is shown during playback on the box and app. Am I missing something here ?

Last edited:
It's not an issue we have seen with the Hikvision NVRs/cameras, What DVR and camera model are you using?

Have you viewed the downloaded footage full screen on a PC/Mac monitor?

ok, it may be to do with the resolution of the camera, traditionally 5MP cameras deliver a 4:3 aspect ratio image (square like the above) instead of a 16:9 image and it may be that your DVR model is doing so something to the image from the camera (cropping it, stretching it) to achieve a fake 16:9 image. I would try dropping the resolution to 4MP or 2MP resolution, record for 20-30 minutes, and then download some of that footage and see how that displays.

Ok, the only other thing I can recommend as we don't work with HiLook is to check the camera and NVR are running the latest firmware, I can't identify which firmware from the Hikvision portal these models would use so you may need to contact your seller or Hikvision directly for their advice.

Back