01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Factory reset a DS-KD8003?

NoFate

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi, running an DS-KD8003 here with latest 2.2.45 firmware...
i have been told that i need to factory reset it, to clear out a bug

if i factory reset, what is the new default username/password?
it was also a verry while ago, will it be factory reset to a new static IP adress? i remember something :)

also, do i need to reset again, the indoor panels too? since they register on the outdoor system?

thnx for the advice

Hi @NoFate

The outdoor station won't have a default username/password after being reset - it will instead be reset to its inactive state, so you will need to activate it again in SADP and be asked to set your own password again (with the username as "admin").

The IP will reset to the default which is 192.168.1.64, but you can change this back again in SADP after reactivating the device.

This guide has more detailed instructions for everything:
How-to: - Part 6: How do I activate my Hikvision device?

I would try without resetting the indoor stations first, as it might be unnecessary. You will need to register them to the DS-KD8003-IME1 again though, which is covered in this guide:

ok, that makes sense

i always tought the "activation" password for the outdoor intercom was also needed for the indoor stations? i thought it was also somekind of registration password? but seems its enough to just enter the main door IP adress (outdoor) on the indoor stations? so actually the activation password can be different between all hardwares?

1) is also the "activation" password, actaually the password from the "admin" account? that can be changed in screenshot 1... or is it more like to activate the device once... at the beginning, so in other words, is there a difference between screenshot 1 and 2 ?
2) what is then the registation password on the outdoor station? that one is not needed? see screenshot 3 and 4 , those are not needed? i dont remember filling in those , it was a long time ago :)

thnx!

1: adding mode :
1627385192480.png

2: remote config mode
1627385250125.png

screenshot 3 : ds-kd8003 outdoor

1627384910288.png

screenshot 4 : 9310 indoorpanel

1627385027484.png

Sorry, you're right you'll need to set a "registration password" on the outdoor station to whatever you like on that "Session Settings" page, which is really just another security layer when linking it to other devices or submodules.

The password you activate the outdoor station with can be anything, it doesn't need to be the same as the indoor station. And as you say, this is just the password for the "admin" account for that device, and it's just used to activate the device, log into it, and add it to other devices / software.

When you add an indoor station to the outdoor station on its "Device Management" page (you will need the indoor station's serial number and IP address), you will be asked to enter both the outdoor station's "activation password" and "registration password" - so they are different, but both are still required.

Also, you can change the "registration password" as many times as you like on the outdoor station, as long as you can log into it and access the "Session Settings" page :)

Next time better factory it via indoor station (under devices)... so the indoor station will push the password from indoor station to outdoor station and set everything up automatic...

I haven't factory reset yet, still testing the new custom firmware with ISAPI control :)

Yes, they developed a custom firmware, for callstatus protocol and also to capture events, this was not possible before with ISAPI... It was not implemented yet in 8003

Now i can finally integrate into Home Assistant

you are right ... on 8003 some cmds were not working ...

but what do you mean by custom firmware ? on UK portal .45 is there

No, it's a special build, it's not reelased on portal... We are testing it , if all is ok , they will implement it in next firmware...

This custom fw includes the Alertstream for all events, like door and swipe events and callstatus url.. for me more then enough...

I have all ISAPI info, it's indeed hard to find, but i have them all

Also we are quite busy with the SDK , almost ready too for home assistant, based on python

I also did a reverse engineering with the hikconnect app, but i only was able to get callstatus, history events ...
But no swipe/keypad events, so i stopped with that

Back