01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware update DS-7604NI-K1/4P?

Hikvision87

Hi

I am trying to update the following model:

DS-7604NI-K1/4P

It appears to max out at the following version:

3.4.103 build 181226

It is an NVR that has been in place for a number of years but I have newer models with the same number which I can update to version 4.72. Perhaps I am using the wrong updates?

Is there a reason for this? Any help is appreciate thank you

Hi @Hikvision87

It is likely the case that the model that won't update beyond v3.4.103 is an old 1st generation 7604NI-K1 NVR and the other models that support the v4.72.xxx firmware are newer (C) generation models.

Sometimes the (B) or (C) generation markers are not clearly shown on the case label and/or the model number in the NVR menus, you usually have to go by the firmware version it is running to determine the hardware generation.

FYI - v3.4.103 will likely be the last firmware for the 1st gen 7604 because that hardware generation has long gone EOL.

I have another model the same which clearly has a B in brackets but I can’t get it last firmware v V4.30.000 build 200508.

There’s quite a few more updates on the portal but it won’t take any. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Hi @Hikvision87

You say it won't update to the above version, what firmware version is it currently running?

Apologies. My first post had errors.

It’s current version is:

V4.30.000 build 200508.

I can see on the portal for B it goes up to

V4.30.096

Thanks @Hikvision87

Do you get any particular error message when trying to update to any of the other firmware versions or does it just say update failed?

Are you doing the update from a browser? If so, which browser are you using?

Thanks for replying

It just says failed I believe. I am using edge in IE mode.

Hi, I am seeing similar issue.

According to my system settings I have a `DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)`. It's running firmware `V3.4.100 build 180310` . Which seems to be older than the OP. I dont seem to be able to find older versions on hikvision website. Any help would be great.

I'm trying to do this because 1 of my cameras keeps going offline. Not sure if its an issue with the camera or firmware, but been advised to try upgrading first.

Hi @pgs83

You will find all of the older firmware versions for your NVR on the Hikvision Download Portal

As you are quite a few versions behind, we would recommend updating to the following firmware versions one at a time - V3.4.112 build200415 / V4.30.000_build200508 / V4.30.096_build221220

Thanks. Thats worked a treat!
However, I now find that all my cameras show as offline in the ProControl+ app, although they are all visible via the web portal.

You might need to try removing the NVR from the app and then re-add it, the way that the NVR communicates with the app has probably changed when upgrading from that very old firmware.

I did update the DNS (as found that elsewhere as a suggestion). but it seems to have started working... not sure what fixed it tho!

Reactions: Dan
Yes, it could also be the DNS as these sometimes default after firmware updates.

Glad to hear it is working again.

Back