01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help setting up inherited IP camera system at new home?

Shivani02

I recently moved into a new home with four IP cameras installed throughout the house; the previous owners left the cameras and wire but no instructions on how to utilize them. All four cameras are Vandsec VN-GB20P models. I'm attempting to figure out how to start the system. Each camera is attached to an ethernet cable (2x blue & 2x white), which is strung through the house into my living room, where each end of the ethernet is labeled with the name of the camera it is connected to. A gray ethernet wire travels down into my basement and is also in my living room; the other end of that cable is not plugged into anything. There is also an unused blue ethernet cord and a coaxial cable linked through to the main level in the basement, which I believe were left over by the former ISP.

I'd like to know where we proceed from here. My modem only has one ethernet jack, which connects to my router, which only has two ethernet jacks (both in use - one to the modem, one to the television). I realize some people dislike the Chinese system, but I'd want to see if I can make this work.

Thank You In Advance,

Hi @Shivani02

Are the cameras plugged into any kind of box/recorder or is it just the cameras you have been left with?

If you have no recorder then the simplest solution is likely going to be to replace the cameras with newer models and a brand new recorder/NVR because the cameras will likely still be configured with the details used by the previous owner and you will have many issues trying to get these cameras connected to a 3rd-party recorder.

I recently moved into a new home with four IP cameras installed throughout the house; the previous owners left the cameras and wire but no instructions on how to utilize them. All four cameras are Vandsec VN-GB20P models. I'm attempting to figure out how to start the system. Each camera is attached to an ethernet cable (2x blue & 2x white), which is strung through the house into my living room, where each end of the ethernet is labeled with the name of the camera it is connected to. A gray ethernet wire travels down into my basement and is also in my living room; the other end of that cable is not plugged into anything. There is also an unused blue ethernet cord and a coaxial cable linked through to the main level in the basement, which I believe were left over by the former ISP.

I'd like to know where we proceed from here. My modem only has one ethernet jack, which connects to my router, which only has two ethernet jacks (both in use - one to the modem, one to the television). I realize some people dislike the Chinese system, but I'd want to see if I can make this work.

Thank You In Advance,
Thank You For The Reply Man I Really Appreciate It.

Back