01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with audio playback onDS-2CD4324FWD-IZS Hikvision camera

lisa3765

We have this camera and when we record and playback the audio is not coming through . It comes through on the live feed but not on the playback in VLC. The recording is there but no audio. We've changed all setting nothing seems to work.

Few things to check:

1. Are you able to hear audio in playback recordings via a web browser or iVMS 4200?
2. Via a web browser, navigate to Configuration >> Storage >> Schedule Settings >> Advanced and ensure "Record Audio" is ticked. Try again.
3. Use either Hikvision's own software, VSPlayer or another media player such as MPC-HC as VLC often has issues playing audio from Hikvision cameras using the default audio codec.

Few things to check:

1. Are you able to hear audio in playback recordings via a web browser or iVMS 4200?
2. Via a web browser, navigate to Configuration >> Storage >> Schedule Settings >> Advanced and ensure "Record Audio" is ticked. Try again.
3. Use either Hikvision's own software, VSPlayer or another media player such as MPC-HC as VLC often has issues playing audio from Hikvision cameras using the default audio codec.

Hi,

That's fixed it!

The software is still laggy but I can view live cameras without issues. Is there a newer version which is less laggy, I understand the application is no longer supported. Do you know how I can enable remote viewing I can only view this if I'm on the same network. I've seen a video on YouTube in which the Windows version has a cloud option and you log in via hik-connect but this one doesn't.

Back