01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect and RTSP at the same time

augasur

Hello,
We have encountered problem with Hikvision NVR. We are using NVR model DS-7608/7616NI-K2/8P(16P) with 8 Hikvision bullet cameras.

We would like to use Hik-Connect and RTSP feature at the same time, but Hik-Connect encrypts the video, and we can access it through RTSP feed, but we can only see encrypted video signal, gray screen with noise.

If we turn off Hik-Connect feature, RTSP stream works, but we cannot connect from remote.

Is there a way to pass encryption key in RTSP url?

Now we are using: rtsp://user: password@NVRIP: PORT/Streaming/Channels/101

Is there any way we can access our camera feed through remote connection, but also have RTSP stream in local network at the same time?

Any good alternatives for Hik-Connect?

We cannot remove RTSP, because it must be used for our clients software.

Any comments and information would be very helpful.

A possible lead, have a look at ONVIF device manager. I've heard it supplies a RTSP link by direct interrogation. I've never tried it before.

did you get anywhere wit this? im having same problem. RTSP feeds in VLC just show grey screen with noise. ive tried putting camera back on H.264 but this didn't work.

I though that you used to be able to disable encryption if you did not want to use it, but looking at the settings available currently I can't see that option available. Maybe it was removed at a prior firmware update.

My system is DS-7208HUHI-K2 and definitely is advertised as supporting rtsp. I think there might be an issue with video formats supported by VLC and other clients clashing with hikvision

Try disable encryption on the platform access tab. Fingers crossed.

Buongiorno a tutti!! Domanda: vorrei recuperare lo streaming RTSP da remoto di una macchina Hikvision collegata in cloud, quindi senza la necessità di aprire porte sul router. Secondo voi è possibile?? Da rete locale ovviamente nessun problema utilizzando la stringa di
augasur grazie!!!

[Translation:]

Goodmorning everyone!! Question: I would like to recover the RTSP streaming remotely of a Hikvision machine connected in the cloud, therefore without the need to open ports on the router. Do you think it's possible? From the local network obviously no problem using the thread @augasur thanks !!!

Back