01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hik-Connect - doesn't capture picture of ringing person?

Tomi_St

I have video interphone DS-KD8003-IME1 and monitor DS-KH6320-WTE1/EU.
Since few weeks neither Hik-Connect nor application at indor station (monitor) doesn't capture picture of person ringing the door bell (outdoor station).
SD memory card is inserted into the monitor, has plenty of room and works fine.
Till 23rd of December 2022 it was capturing pictures (last stored picture), since then two things have changed and one concerns me much:
- I did a firmware update of outdoor station to the newest release V 2.2.62 built 230110. Update was successful, everything works fine (live view on the indoor unit, on the app, calls) etc) but after the update, I have no access to settings of outdoor unit over iVMS-4200 (the newest version 3.6.1.3)
When I click to cog wheel of DS-KD8003-IME1 I see only a blank page linked to http://127.0.0.1:8090/WebCfgPackage/Packages/01/020/index.asp
So I am not able to see any settings nor to make a firmware upgrade (or downgrade)
- In the meantime my app Hik-Connect on iOS 16.2 has automatically upgraded to the completely new version 5.0.2 20221211

I haven't noticed when exactly problem with missing pictures started and what was the trigger - upgrade firmware of outdoor unit or mobile app.
I upgraded also indoor unit and iVMS-4200 to the newest version but without effect (I did it after I noticed problem).

Have you got any idea why pictures are not taken ? Is there any setting to enable/disable pictures ?
How to solve problem of lack of access to setup of outdoor unit over iVMS-4200 ? It seems to me that it might bring about problem with missing pictures.

2023-01-22 20_23_21-iVMS-4200.jpg

I have a slightly different model of doorbell (but same screen) and this is also broken for me. ie. no picture upon doorbell push

doorbell = DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) / V2.2.53 build 220816
screens = DS-KH6320-WTE1 / V2.2.8 build 230219
iVMS = 3.9.0.5 build 20230117

Upvote 0
Hi, just follow this : Hi, on newest FW you need to enable that option. Go to Settings, choose little house (third option on side), enable it and choose call management center, snapshot...

Upvote 0
Hi, just follow this : Hi, on newest FW you need to enable that option. Go to Settings, choose little house (third option on side), enable it and choose call management center, snapshot...
It DID work my friend. Thanks! Nothing personal - more for Hikvision, but on what planet would you enable "Snapshot" under Shortcuts to get an automatic thumbnail of whoever pressed the doorbell??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hello,

i have a hik kv8113 but i’m to dumb to find the little house you guys are talking about on my hik connect app - can you help me please ? :)

Upvote 0
hello,

i have a hik kv8113 but i’m to dumb to find the little house you guys are talking about on my hik connect app - can you help me please ? :)
They’re referring to the menus on the touchscreen panel (indoor station) as opposed to the Hik-Connect app.

Upvote 0
Ok thank you.
I have the white one indoor station. DS-KV8113-WME1(B) is it possbile to actiavte it here somewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You need to activate it through the indoor station, not outdoor.
Follow the steps at the beginning of the topic.

Upvote 0
image.jpg

I have this setup ..
the white display is the indoor station no?
i tried to follow the steps you mentioned..
or it might be not possible with my indoor station?

Upvote 0
This is indoor Android station, i believe KH9510.

I will try to take one from warehouse and see my self. Will get back at you.

Upvote 0
If you go into Settings, Advanced Settings, Shortcut Settings do you have Call Management Center enabled?

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the help.
Unfortunately there is no „Shortcut settings“

When I go to advanced settings i get:
- indoor station settings
- network settings
- device management
- password settings
- voip account settings
- the third-party app settings
- cloud service
- system maintenance
- security settings
- unlock by gesture
- enable booting android system
- zone alarm
- tamper alarm

the model name of the inside station is DS-KH9610-WTE1(B)

Upvote 0
just found it under the tab „preferences“ and enabled it, unfortunately still no picture in my app

Attachments

• 3E01F804-F517-4955-90AB-BA2295CDD357.png
    3E01F804-F517-4955-90AB-BA2295CDD357.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 247
Upvote 0
I have the same setup, DS-KV8113-WME1(B) & DS-KH9510-WTE1(B). On the EU Portal (EUPortal) there is a new firmware uploaded with build 221209 which is a newer release then the build220816 and under the release notes it says:

Modified Feature
  1. When adding KV8113-WME1(B) to Hik-Connect directly, it supports capture and uploading picture to hik-connect when the call button is pressed (there was no picture before)
Does anybody know how this can be enabled as I searched iVMS and the web gui (of the intercom) but found no setting for it. I have the KV8113 connected to Hik-Connect directly, not through the main indoor station.

Upvote 0
I have the same setup, DS-KV8113-WME1(B) & DS-KH9510-WTE1(B). On the EU Portal (EUPortal) there is a new firmware uploaded with build 221209 which is a newer release then the build220816 and under the release notes it says:

Modified Feature
  1. When adding KV8113-WME1(B) to Hik-Connect directly, it supports capture and uploading picture to hik-connect when the call button is pressed (there was no picture before)
Does anybody know how this can be enabled as I searched iVMS and the web gui (of the intercom) but found no setting for it. I have the KV8113 connected to Hik-Connect directly, not through the main indoor station.
I guess if you've updated the firmware to that version it should just work

Upvote 0
I guess if you've updated the firmware to that version it should just work
I am not currently in site to test it (will update when I do) but do I need to populate the microsd on the intercom itself and have notifications enabled on the app? Does it mean that with the new firmware there are no settings to be configured for the capture and images to be uploaded to Hik-Connect?

Upvote 0
I am not currently in site to test it (will update when I do) but do I need to populate the microsd on the intercom itself and have notifications enabled on the app? Does it mean that with the new firmware there are no settings to be configured for the capture and images to be uploaded to Hik-Connect?
I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't installed very many of the intercoms. However on my own which does have an indoor screen, the snapshots come through to the phone in the Hik-Connect app. There is no micro SD in either my indoor or outdoor unit.

I think @KamirZG has far more experience with the intercoms...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't installed very many of the intercoms. However on my own which does have an indoor screen, the snapshots come through to the phone in the Hik-Connect app. There is no micro SD in either my indoor or outdoor unit.

I think @KamirZG has far more experience with the intercoms...
Update, just tried it out, it works and shows the photo under notifications. But the photo quality was only 720p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Back