01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Connect lost after firmware update

Oh ok, I wonder if you do need it originally set at 80 on the NVR to connect to the Hik connect server you then change it to the new http value in my case 8008 in hik connect then update the NVR the same, this also would mean disabling the current device that uses 80 in my port forwarding and making the changes.
Add to this i do believe when i first started remote viewing on my mobile device I think was using ezviz and later changed over.

Oh ok, I wonder if you do need it originally set at 80 on the NVR to connect to the Hik connect server you then change it to the new http value in my case 8008 in hik connect then update the NVR the same, this also would mean disabling the current device that uses 80 in my port forwarding and making the changes.
Think i might be clutching at straws now tried it and still offline after doing changes then a reboot, think next step is a complete factory reset, i have also now made contact with someone at hikvision through email so maybe this might resolve the issue.

1657041015399.png
Untitled.jpg

Possible, for me there has to be a common port to establish initial link setup. Obviously your current setup worked before the fw upgrade, maybe we need to step back and review the thread. Have we missed the obvious???

These are the ones that I have tried pinging and out of all them only the Singapore and Russia ones i get a response from.

litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
litedev.hik-connect.com
litedev.sgp.hik-connect.com
dev.eu.hik-connect.com
dev.hik-connect.com
dev.us.hik-connect.com
dev.sa.hik-connect.com
dev.rus.hik-connectru.com

These are the ones that I have tried pinging and out of all them only the Singapore and Russia ones i get a response from.

litedev.hik-connect.com
dev.eu.hik-connect.com
dev.hik-connect.com
dev.us.hik-connect.com
dev.sa.hik-connect.com
I wonder if like you said the latest firmware update has left remnants behind when i downgraded, maybe only a full factory reset will do it. I have read mixed reviews about doing this, some saying it was successful and sorted the problem others saying it didn't.

litedev.hik-connect.com
dev.eu.hik-connect.com
dev.hik-connect.com
dev.us.hik-connect.com
dev.sa.hik-connect.com
Try them all, sever ping reply could be disabled.

I wonder if like you said the latest firmware update has left remnants behind when i downgraded, maybe only a full factory reset will do it. I have read mixed reviews about doing this, some saying it was successful and sorted the problem others saying it didn't.
you will always get mixed reviews about factory resets. You've documented the important settings, I would go for it.

@p5taylor

my nvr details
NVR DS-7608-I2/8P
Firmware V4.5.000 Build 210125
I've enabled the Hik connect platform and am online connected to server litedev.eu.hik-connect.com.
no related port forwarding rules on the router.

@p5taylor

my nvr details
NVR DS-7608-I2/8P
Firmware V4.5.000 Build 210125
I've enabled the Hik connect platform and am online connected to server litedev.eu.hik-connect.com.
no related port forwarding rules on the router.
I am on V5.5.82 build 190909 wonder if it might work if i went back to same as yours? do there whole firmware versions i.e. V4.5.000 mean they are stable?

I am on V5.5.82 build 190909 wonder if it might work if i went back to same as yours? do there whole firmware versions i.e. V4.5.000 mean they are stable?
I think there is a discrepancy on our firmware versions, I believe the build number is in the format yymmdd. I cannot find your version on the NVR 76 I series EU or UK portals. Can you double check for me? Also what is your NVR model number? I thought it was the same as mine...

I think there is a discrepancy on our firmware versions, I believe the build number is in the format yymmdd. I cannot find your version on the NVR 76 I series EU or UK portals. Can you double check for me? Also what is your NVR model number? I thought it was the same as mineTaken f...
Taken directly from the NVR Model DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P

Untitled.jpg

1657116589486.png

@p5taylor
With no devices on my hikconnect account my NVR shows online / unlinked
Add NVR to hik account and its online / linked, delete NVR and its online / unlinked

Changing HTTP or server port numbers makes no difference to the above. NVR not rebooted.

When online and linked, Wireshark shows the output below, the SSDP protocol updates the connection between NVR and Hik account.
Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 14.37.16.png

When NVR hikconnect is offline and I enable hikconnect (no device on account), NVR goes online but I see nothing on Wireshark. I'm a Wireshark novice.

@p5taylor
With no devices on my hikconnect account my NVR shows online / unlinked
Add NVR to hik account and its online / linked, delete NVR and its online / unlinked

Changing HTTP or server port numbers makes no difference to the above. NVR not rebooted.

When online and linked, Wireshark shows the output below, the SSDP protocol updates the connection between NVR and Hik account.
View attachment 7802

When NVR hikconnect is offline and I enable hikconnect (no device on account), NVR goes online but I see nothing on Wireshark. I'm a Wireshark novice.
Now tried reseting my settings with no joy, so now downgrading to same revision firmware as you (V4.50.000) and will then also perform a factory reset so i have a fresh system, hopefully this will fix it.

Now tried reseting my settings with no joy, so now downgrading to same revision firmware as you (V4.50.000) and will then also perform a factory reset so i have a fresh system, hopefully this will fix it.
Still not working straight after downgrading firmware so doing a full factory reset now to try that.

Still no joy, i definitely think i have been blocked.

Hikvision replied today basically don't want to help and said to go to who ever i purchased from or if not to find and pay a local installer, A very nice company to deal with "NOT". I wont be buying anymore of there stuff. Because of there unstable firmware it has messed up my system now go sort it yourself, so if you are reading this install firmware at your own RISK as Hikvision wont support you.

@p5taylor
without you knowing, could your router have been upgraded? some ISP's manage router remotely via TR-069.

any router firewall rules changed? disable firewall.

add your NVR to the router DMZ

Via the virtual host, enable hikconnect on a camera.

if you have an external poe power supply connect a camera to your lan and enable hikconnect.

Back