01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Connect lost after firmware update

@p5taylor
without you knowing, could your router have been upgraded? some ISP's manage router remotely via TR-069.

any router firewall rules changed? disable firewall.

add your NVR to the router DMZ

Via the virtual host, enable hikconnect on a camera.

if you have an external poe power supply connect a camera to your lan and enable hikconnect.
Slowly losing the will to live on this one, i have exhausted all avenues.

Last router firmware i did was back in February this year and hik connect was still working fine up until couple weeks ago when i did the NVR update, no firewall changes made or no windows updates i did also try disabling all firewalls thinking that could be blocking but no change, i can not connect one of my cameras directly to the router as i dont have an external POE psu, personally i cant see why i cant get a ping back from the hik connect server addresses.

Slowly losing the will to live on this one, i have exhausted all avenues.

Last router firmware i did was back in February this year and hik connect was still working fine up until couple weeks ago when i did the NVR update, no firewall changes made or no windows updates i did also try disabling all firewalls thinking that could be blocking but no change, i can not connect one of my cameras directly to the router as i dont have an external POE psu, personally i cant see why i cant get a ping back from the hik connect server addresses.
Take some time out before you try again. I've been in Telecomms / IT for over 40 years now and understand your frustration. Don't forget Hikconnect is a "free" service and their remote servers may be logging performance data from your cctv network. That is why I stopped using Hikconnect and setup my own VPN server, notifications are via email from my NVR.

personally i cant see why i cant get a ping back from the hik connect server addresses.
My router will not reply to ping on the WAN IP address, likewise the Hikconnect servers may not all reply to ping. It all depends on server setup policy. Never rely on ping as a definitive test. A better test would be to scan those servers for open ports, as long as you know which ports to scan.

It is looking likely that your NVR could be blocked by the Hikconnect servers, I'm just trying to rule out other factors before you have to go to a Hikvision service provider @Dan.

Take some time out before you try again. I've been in Telecomms / IT for over 40 years now and understand your frustration. Don't forget Hikconnect is a "free" service and their remote servers may be logging performance data from your cctv network. That is why I stopped using Hikconnect and setup my own VPN server, notifications are via email from my NVR.

My router will not reply to ping on the WAN IP address, likewise the Hikconnect servers may not all reply to ping. It all depends on server setup policy. Never rely on ping as a definitive test. A better test would be to scan those servers for open ports, as long as you know which ports to scan.

It is looking likely that your NVR could be blocked by the Hikconnect servers, I'm just trying to rule out other factors before you have to go to a Hikvision service provider @Dan.
All I do with Hik connect is remote viewing, while away from home/on holiday really, not so much for alarm triggering or remote playback. I have noticed a couple of other issues with v4.5.000 firmware I can't seem to set NAT to new https port number, hikvision firmware is just so buggy.

All I do with Hik connect is remote viewing, while away from home/on holiday really, not so much for alarm triggering or remote playback. I have noticed a couple of other issues with v4.5.000 firmware I can't seem to set NAT to new https port number, hikvision firmware is just so buggy.
In that case why don't you go for a router that has an integral VPN server? That way you are improving the security of your home network and reduce latency by not using Hikconnect remote servers. You'll also get full remote access to your local network.

In that case why don't you go for a router that has an integral VPN server? That way you are improving the security of your home network and reduce latency by not using Hikconnect remote servers. You'll also get full remote access to your local network.
Hi David
My current Netgear D6400 router does have VPN capabilities but I don't know how this will effect the other devices connected to it.

1657185351129.png

Actually just read there that andriod and iphone not yet supported

Hi David
My current Netgear D6400 router does have VPN capabilities but I don't know how this will effect the other devices connected to it.

View attachment 7805

Actually just read there that andriod and iphone not yet supported
That's unfortunate, my router is from Draytek. I use 2 types of VPN connectivity, L2TP / IPSEC and SSL. I am surprised there is no Netgear Android / IPhone support, especially with the new work from home generation. The iPhone natively supports L2TP / IPSEC VPN client and I use the Draytek iPhone app for SSL VPN.

Working remotely via VPN you are connected to your local LAN with the same functionality as if you were at home. Obviously the remote WAN connection adds latency especially over 3/4/5G networks, you just allow for it.

Another option for remote viewing is to use DDNS, not needed if you have a fixed public IP. Maybe you could take advantage of your HTTPS port forwarding rules to establish a secure connection.

Hello, i am from Poland, professional instaler, i have support from hikvision. Now in my nvr 7608-ni k2 i have error 0xe0020008
Support say can solwed this, but i need to send my registrator to official service hikvision and wait 2-3 month...
There are no other solutions yet...

Hi did you ever get this resolved, since I have the same issue after I downgraded the firmware?

Back