01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect - not picking up events?

Dav55

Hi

I have Hik-Connect working great on my phone and ipad when I am away from home.

I can view and playback all the cameras.

What isn't working is the Event Playback function - it just shows "no events"

The events are correctly set up and when I use ivms (on the home LAN) then I can search and find events.

I have locked down all the port forwarding - could this be the issue - but strange everything else works.

Also on the ipad - I cant seem to enter a time for playback in the same way as you can for a phone. The phone you can scroll to an exact time, but with ipad its date and then scrolling the timeline bar at the bottom of the screen - not good for fat fingers!

Any help appreciated.

David

Hi,
No that option isnt ticked, let me try that and see what happens.

Thanks

Did you tick "notify surveillance center" when you set up the events?
Hi

"notify surveillance center" is now ticked and I have had some alerts but I still cant search some events.

I know its triggering events as i have the option "send email" set, and I receive emails, so it must be something else

Any other suggestions?

Hi - has anyone any suggestions on this?
Version of Hik Connect on my phone is V3.4.106 build 191009

You can't wait for days for responses. The top half of this page is filled with tutorials and Q&A's. You really should spend some time reading a few because they have all your answers.

Hi - has anyone any suggestions on this?
Version of Hik Connect on my phone is V3.4.106 build 191009
How is the Hik Connect app connected to your NVR? Via Hik-Connect Domain or IP/Domain? The Events will only be playable in the Hik-Connect app if your connected via Hik-Connect.

Also have you got notifications Enabled for your site in the app. Hexagon icon next to the site name > Notification > Enable "Receive events and push notifications, blah de blah" ticked. You must also have allowed all of the permissions for Hik-Connect on your phone/tablet.

V3.4.106 is the NVR firmware NOT the Hik-Connect version. That is currently at 4.21.1.20220221 (for iOS)

You can't wait for days for responses. The top half of this page is filled with tutorials and Q&A's. You really should spend some time reading a few because they have all your answers.
Thanks fullboogie and apologies if I caused any offence.

I do appreciate the expert advice that this forum can offer, sometimes an expert viewpoint can avoid hours or trying this and that.

I guess thats why its a forum rather than a manual!

I hope that as my knowledge increases I can offer some help back to others.

How is the Hik Connect app connected to your NVR? Via Hik-Connect Domain or IP/Domain? The Events will only be playable in the Hik-Connect app if your connected via Hik-Connect.

Also have you got notifications Enabled for your site in the app. Hexagon icon next to the site name > Notification > Enable "Receive events and push notifications, blah de blah" ticked. You must also have allowed all of the permissions for Hik-Connect on your phone/tablet.

V3.4.106 is the NVR firmware NOT the Hik-Connect version. That is currently at 4.21.1.20220221 (for iOS)
JB1970

Thank you so very much, I didnt have the "> Notification > Enable "Receive events and push notifications" ticked. I thought this was for pup up banners etc.

Again, thank you it is appreciated.

JB1970

Thank you so very much, I didnt have the "> Notification > Enable "Receive events and push notifications" ticked. I thought this was for pup up banners etc.

Again, thank you it is appreciated.
No problem. As long as it is enabled the events will come through and be available in the app. If you don't want the push notifications, choose the second option "Receive events but NOT push notifications..."

Thanks fullboogie and apologies if I caused any offence.

I do appreciate the expert advice that this forum can offer, sometimes an expert viewpoint can avoid hours or trying this and that.

I guess thats why its a forum rather than a manual!

I hope that as my knowledge increases I can offer some help back to others.

Can't imagine why there would be any offense. In case you haven't noticed there is not a lot of activity on this forum - like most these days. I was suggesting that rather than waiting days between responses you should read the tutorials up top. You will learn a whole lot and probably answer your questions. These are not easy systems to maintain for a novice.

Back