01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Vision - Guarding Vision presets issue with DVR-504-K1 and PTZ setup?

FMP51

Hey all

After having fixed cameras for a while I decided to upgrade to a PTZ dome camera, it all works fine and i can see the feed in the webpage of the HV DVR, i can also move the camera around.
If i browse to the camera IP and login I can set a Preset and activate it with no issue, but when using the web page or the Guarding Vision app to set and call a preset i get no response.

Not sure where to start as these are new to me, so any help or more information needed please let me know.
Thanks

Hi,

So this is a HikVision PTZ?

Slightly confused by this...

If i browse to the camera IP and login I can set a Preset and activate it with no issue, but when using the web page or the Guarding Vision app to set and call a preset i get no response.

If you browse to the IP of the camera and login, this is the web gui of the camera - that works as you expect?

If so, you then say but when using the web page or the Guarding Vision app to set and call a preset i get no response.

Confused as to what other 'web page' your referencing and also confused about the use of Guarding Vision App

Is all this original Hikvision Kit (not OEM?)

Can you confirm the model number of the DVR/NVR and also the model number of the PTZ?

I understand that Guarding vision is used for OEM Hik equipment, where Hik Connect is used with genuine equipment (Ive only every used Hik connect, or the old iVMS4500)

Normally, your setup would be that you connect the PTZ to a channel on the NVR/DVR, and then connect to the NVR/DVR from your app/browser and control the camera 'through' the NVR/DVR - you wouldn't add your cameras to the app along with the NVR/DVR

Hi

I have worked out that i need to use the mouse and set the presets on the physical DVR, not to much of an issue and then I can call them via
the Guarding Vision app.

The model of DVR is DVR-504-K1, its an old unit which only has BNC camera connections so the IP cameras are plugged into a POE switch which is in turn connected to the same network as the DVR,
All I can tell you about the camera is that its model number is IPD-E14T08 series MegaPixel IP Camera

Now the only small problem is that if I set a preset with full zoom the Zoom function doesnt work, again not much of an issue as i can use the app, but would really like the function, any help is appreciated.

Back