01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikconnect "Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels........"

alfaclvi

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hikconnect V6.3.0.0424

"Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels of the device and try again"

New Hikconnect issue during Playback either Continuous or Event. No other device playing back by that moment.
This warning did not exist in previous versions
Playback starts normally and then suddenly gives this error. Sometimes it is bypassed some times not.

Hikconnect V6.3.0.0424

"Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels of the device and try again"

New Hikconnect issue during Playback either Continuous or Event. No other device playing back by that moment.
This warning did not exist in previous versions
Playback starts normally and then suddenly gives this error. Sometimes it is bypassed some times not.
@alfaclvi There’s a new version of Hik-Connect released 6.3.1.20240503.2 that ‘fixes some bugs’

New versions seem to get released weekly and my iPhone never seems to update automatically even though it’s set to. I tend to look on the App Store every few days and when clicking the banner for the app ‘open’ changes to ‘update’

Cannot find this release, but I can wait.....
I hope it's not the latest firmware for NXI-K NVR

Cannot find this release
iOS or Android? Maybe Android is lagging behind a bit. Like I mentioned, for iOS I have to search for the app in the App Store, it'll show that I already have it with a like to 'open' Ignoring that link to open I click the app icon to show more details and when I do that 'open' becomes 'update' on the next page

Hi JB

This is Android OS
In Play Store, this just shows an Update button if this has not already be automaticaly updated
What I see today in Play Store comments, sort by Date, is that many people mention this Playback issue as "crashes, restart etc" and some report exactly the same error of "number of streaming channels.."

Last edited:
Hi JB

This is Android OS
In Play Store, this just shows an Update button if this has not already be automaticaly updated
What I see today in Play Store comments, sort by Date, is that many people mention this Playback issue as "crashes, restart etc" and some report exactly the same error of "number of streaming channels.."
Yes even the direct apk download from Hikvision is still at 6.3.0 for Android. No doubt the update will be released soon...

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? I am also encountering the same error, and it doesn't go away until I restart the camera or format the SD card.

I can't restart it remotely when I am away from the camera. I can only format the SD card remotely which I do not want.

I can't restart it remotely when I am away from the camera. I can only format the SD card remotely
I don't know the solution to the issue as I've not seen it myself but how is it you can remotely format the card but not reboot the camera? The camera can be rebooted directly from Configuration > System > Maintenance - Reboot if you have access to the web interface remotely.

I don't know the solution to the issue as I've not seen it myself but how is it you can remotely format the card but not reboot the camera? The camera can be rebooted directly from Configuration > System > Maintenance - Reboot if you have access to the web interface remotely.
I do not have a static IP address and I didn't forward ports. I can't reach the web-based camera management console unless I am on the same network.

When I am remote, I monitor the cameras using the Hik-Connect mobile app. It has the option to format (initialize) the storage. Formatting the storage clears the "streaming channels exceeded limit" error but I do not want to erase the card each time this error occurs.

The Hik-Connect mobile app (sadly) does not have the restart option.

I do not have a static IP address and I didn't forward ports. I can't reach the web-based camera management console unless I am on the same network.

When I am remote, I monitor the cameras using the Hik-Connect mobile app. It has the option to format (initialize) the storage. Formatting the storage clears the "streaming channels exceeded limit" error but I do not want to erase the card each time this error occurs.

The Hik-Connect mobile app (sadly) does not have the restart option.
Yeah I actually thought you could reboot it using the Remote Configuration link if the admin password, server and http ports were set in the app under DDNS settings; however I just tried and found that 'Remote Configuration' is fairly limited in Hik-Connect.

@hoakland

This issue has nothing to do with SD card.
Exiting the app, clearing and opening again works OK but after a few events the message appears.
The strange thing is that if you move to forward(next) events or backward(previous), sometimes it works and then stops again with above message.
I am playing back the NVR recording on the HDDs. Not the SD card.
This is as if the server gives you a limited time or data of playback and this is not a "number of channels" issue. It is completely unrelated
This seems to be an Android issue for the time being. Someone can see the comments on PlayStore for this version

Disabled Save Camera VCA Data on my NVR
Disabled Schedule Recording for Cameras
Initialized both HDDs
Re-enabled VCA and Schedule recording
Uninstalled and re-installed Hikconnect and one hour later watched the Playback recorded video on Hikconnect
Everything seemed to be OK but it was not.
When enabled in Hikconnect-Me-Settings one or all of them: Display VCA Rule, Hightlight Moving Objects, Display Feature Information then the problem started again.
By disabling all of them, the problem seems to appear 99% less times
I don't know if I am wrong and someone can also check this....

I'll try test this and raise it with Hikvision.

Could you please let me know which NXI-K NVR and firmware version you're seeing this on please @alfaclvi, and also the camera details?

I'll try test this and raise it with Hikvision.

Could you please let me know which NXI-K NVR and firmware version you're seeing this on please @alfaclvi, and also the camera details?
In my case, I encounter the same error message after viewing camera playback for some time on my DS-2CD2021G1-I(W) IP cameras. They are not connected to NVR. The footage is on the SD card. The camera firmware version is: V5.7.21_240422

Hi @Kyle

It is:

DS-7608NXI-K2 V4.82.007build 240321 (went back to V4.82.000 build 240224 but same issue there too)
DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU V5.7.15build 240411 (did not go back to 5.7.13 to check)
DS-2CD2047G2-L V5.7.15build 240411 G5 platform (Same issue on non-Hybrid too)

Thank you

Thanks all, we don't have a demo NXI-K NVR to test, but I'll try and replicate the issue on another NVR as well as on a standalone camera.
If I can't, is somebody willing to share their Hik-Connect account details with Hikvision Support (via email), as they would like to log in and investigate the issue on a problem unit?

Dear All,
I dropped the video bitrate and frame rate on my camera, and the error message "Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels of the device and try again" has not shown up yet. I will report it here if it shows up again. But so far it seems good.

Camera: DS-2CD2021G1-I(W)
Firmware: V5.7.21_240422

Back