01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Hikvision AX Pro - turn off arming/disarming notifications on alarm panel and in the app?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

leadballoonsw

Hi All

So the scenario is this. I've set up an AX Pro for the mother in law with a magnetic door sensor on their front door. It's set to automatically arm at 2300hrs and disarm at 0600hrs, and it's just because the father in law has late stage dementia and has started wondering around at night, with the biggest danger that he'll leave the house whilst she's asleep. I don't want the sounder to be triggered because that'll wake up the neighbours, but it is still needed because it triggers with a button in case of falls. So, I've put the ax pro hub in their bedroom, volume 10 so that will wake her up if father in law opens the front door between 2300hrs and 0600hrs. The only issue I have is that the ax pro hub gives an audible alert whenever the system arms, and disarms, meaning at 2300hrs there's a loud "system armed", and 0600hrs a "system disarmed".

Looking on the AX Pro web console I think the only way to turn that off would be to "disable" the panel sound prompt on the "Configuration" >> "Control Panel Option" page, but that would mean no sound from the ax pro hub when the alarm is triggered right? Does anyone know a workaround so that I don't have the hub announcing "system armed/disarmed" but still alerting when the alarm is triggered?

Also, the app on my phone is getting an alert whenever the alarm is armed/disarmed as well. I've checked the notification page and can't see how to turn it off. I've attached screen shots of the 2 pages I've referred to in case that helps.

Thanks all

LB

PS. this might be asking a bit much, but is there any way of customising the alert for if the front door is opened. Currently is just gives that horrible buzzing noise and repeats "alarm, alarm". The mother in law is quite elderly herself, and easily confused, so it would be more helpful if it could just be customised to say something like "warning, front door is open" on repeat.

Attachments

• App notifications.PNG
    App notifications.PNG
    51.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Control Panel Options.PNG
    Control Panel Options.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Hi

I’ll try to help where possible.

You can disable the app alerts relatively easily. Notifications changed a lot in the 1.2.9 update so assuming you are on that. If you can login as admin and go to the admin user, you will see notification checkboxes. Untick “panel operation. Image attached.

You can’t customise the sounds I’m afraid.

As far as the noise from the auto arm and disarm. I haven’t really played around with that. If you switch off the sound prompt you mention, does that definitely switch off the alarm noises? One work around is if that is the case is to buy an internal sounder. Set that up and then disable everything from the control panel. The sounder can be configured so no noise is made when the alarm is armed/disarmed but will be vocal if an alarm occurs.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.png
    IMG_3052.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 313
I have my panel completely silent at all times, and have integrated an additional internal sounder. That has the ability to control arm/disarm sounds and alarm trigger audio levels. That might be the easiest solution. I have mine set to an audible beep for auto arm and auto disarm - but you can set it so that the only sound it makes is when the alarm is triggered.

IMG_3615.PNG

Open Hik-Connect app and select "Me" and then select "Settings". Under settings select "Alarm Audio Settings" and then you will see Arm and Disarm is set to "Voice". Change this to "Ringtone". I hope this will resolve your problem. Screen shots attached

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 242
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM (1).jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 254
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-27 at 3.14.00 PM (2).jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 243
I have my panel completely silent at all times, and have integrated an additional internal sounder. That has the ability to control arm/disarm sounds and alarm trigger audio levels. That might be the easiest solution. I have mine set to an audible beep for auto arm and auto disarm - but you can set it so that the only sound it makes is when the alarm is triggered.

View attachment 9661
Sorry for the slow reply, unfortunately we had a bereavement. That looks like the perfect solution though. Thanks very much for your assistance.

Open Hik-Connect app and select "Me" and then select "Settings". Under settings select "Alarm Audio Settings" and then you will see Arm and Disarm is set to "Voice". Change this to "Ringtone". I hope this will resolve your problem. Screen shots attached
While this is definitely better than the Voice, the downside is that in iOS the only sound is a siren, which is inappropriate for arming and disarming. Any ideas?

I created "custom alarm audios" to avoid scaring the absolute crap out of me.

There are many websites capable of converting text to voice; one I used is "ttsmp3." Among the voice options, "German/Hans" stands out as both cool and authoritative.

You simply need to create an audio file for each "Audio Setting" you require. For basic events, I have the audio repeat the message once, while for others, it repeats twice, depending on the alarm type.

For instance, when the system is armed or disarmed, I use the following:

Armed: "Ze Alarm ist armed."

Disarmed: "Ze alarm ist disarmed."

But for the panic alarm, I have the message repeated twice as it's more severe:

Panic Alarm: "Ze Panic Alarm has been triggered. Ze Panic Alarm has been triggered."

I created "custom alarm audios" to avoid scaring the absolute crap out of me.

There are many websites capable of converting text to voice; one I used is "ttsmp3." Among the voice options, "German/Hans" stands out as both cool and authoritative.

You simply need to create an audio file for each "Audio Setting" you require. For basic events, I have the audio repeat the message once, while for others, it repeats twice, depending on the alarm type.

For instance, when the system is armed or disarmed, I use the following:

But for the panic alarm, I have the message repeated twice as it's more severe:
Hi, can you please explain this a bit more? Is this for ios. Just need a little beep noise instead of the siren sound when arming/disarming

Hi, can you please explain this a bit more? Is this for ios. Just need a little beep noise instead of the siren sound when arming/disarming
It should work for Android or iOS.

To add custom audio, please follow these steps within the app:

• Navigate to Me > Settings > Notification Settings > Alarm Audio Settings.

For creating a custom audio clip, you should search online for "custom audio beeps" or any specific type of audio you prefer. After locating the desired sound, download the file in MP3 format.

It's advisable to select distinct sounds for each prompt. Using the same sound for multiple notifications can be confusing, as it becomes difficult to differentiate between them. To address this, I recommend using a text-to-voice website to create audio clips that verbally describe each notification. This approach ensures you immediately understand the type of notification without needing to check your device.

Yeah only works for android. I cant see the customize alarm audio (*.mp3) in the arm sanction only android.. wish hik connect can fix this issue

Back