01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Browser support

CliveC

I have a DS-2CD2455FWD-IW from Use-IP running firmware V5.6.5 build 200316. It is working well, albeit runs hot!
I have tried to access it from three different browsers - all from a Windows 10 PC.

As we all know IE is considered a legacy browser, but I find that trying IE 11, Chrome and Firefox from the same PC the Firefox and Chrome browsers produce a slightly soft image, whereas IE with the plugin produces a pin sharp image. Is there any way to get the same quality image from modern browsers such as Firefox & Chrome?

Additionally I have two DS-2CD2F42FWD-IW cameras, both running V5.5.82 build 190909 which is the latest firmware for these cameras. The only browser I can make work with these cameras is IE Any other browser will produce a 'Your browser is not supported' message and directing me to IE. I understand these are older cameras, but can we hope for a new firmware version to update browser support?

Hi @CliveC

For the 2455, when viewing that with Chrome can you make sure you are using the mainstream as sometimes it will default to the sub-stream.

You will see the option to change this in the bottom left corner of the live stream. (see below)

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 11.14.23.png

For the 2F42FWD, unfortunately, the simple answer is No. Hikvision has made it pretty clear to us that they only plan to continue working on modern browser/plug-in free solutions for the product ranges that they plan to continue developing like the G1 cameras (2xx3G0, 2xx5FWD, 2xx5G1) and I-series NVRs. R6 cameras (2x22, 2x42) and R0 cameras (2x12, 2x32) are now regarded as EOL/legacy products and are unlikely to get any software updates in the future.

Again thanks Dan you've solved two questions for me today - yes the Chrome & Firefox browsers were initially set to live stream but then as the image displayed switched to to sub-stream. manually changing back produced the same crystal clear image.

Since this seems to switch back every time, maybe HikVision can look at this.

Thank you for the info in the R6 cameras. I can understand it given they are older units. They were good PT 'desktop' cameras for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Dan
Back