01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision color vu not sending event notifications at night?

Hi @Martel and @johnfitzy

Next morning and all day there was no Detection at all again for the front to mid part of my camera image. Far in front and far on both sides, left and right Detection was OK.
So I decided to clear all Smart regions and disable Smart Events on Camera settings and on NVR settings. Cleared and disabled everything, including the areas that where not set. Some areas could not be deleted from Camera settings but where deleted by NVR settings.
Then rebooted the Camera and the NVR.
I experimented on doing all the Smart Events for that camera, as VCA By NVR. I don't mean by using the NVR and do VCA By Camera, but using the NVR's option for setting VCA By NVR. This means that the Smart VCA option of ColorVu camera is disabled and not used at all.
I draw the same previous regions for Intrusion Line Crossing, Region Entrance, Region Exit. And then tested on those regions.
Everything worked perfect. There was not one missing detection. I was detected as Human on all kind of Smart events and all areas. There was no Far to Near or Near to Far problem!!!!
This means, at least for me, that I was wrong in my previous posts about image sensor or bad lens focus. So, this seemed to be the firmware of the Camera.
Now what was the problem with this kind of VCA By NVR setting? I could see all events(total 100) on NVR GUI, left side of Home screen, I could find all events by using the Search option of NVR GUI, but I could not find the events by NVR GUI-Playback Normal or Event by using the Smart search or Rule, drawing lines or polygons. Could not also find them on iVMS by Rules search. It was as if the same NVR could not find by Rules its own VCA events.

Then decided to factory reset both the NVR and the ColorVu and do another experiment.
After both factory reset I powered OFF the NVR. Used the iVMS4200 to activate ColorVU and add to network.
Did not enable and did nothing on Normal or Smarts events or somewhere else except two things, which was formatting the sdcard and setting a mask area since doing this from the NVR is only rectangle and not other quadrilateral.
Then did setup the NVR and added again my cameras.
Then did all the settings for Normal Event and Smart event from NVR settings on iVMS4200 and used the option VCA By Camera. After that rebooted the NVR and everything works fine for Detection on every part of the camera image.
I suppose there must not be done any kind of adjustment anymore from Camera GUI(browser or iVMS). Even the smallest change or adjustment and then SAVE e.g. Sensitivity that is set by the camera GUI will alter all the previous setup and there will be no Detection again.
I really cannot understand why the issue appeared only on a specific part of image or morning hours or possibly "at night" as @Martel said and how it was fixed by this way. This problem could not also be fixed if all smart settings where re-saved from the NVR GUI or iVMS GUI as VCA By Camera.
I don't know if this could be a "conflict" between the two "libraries", one of camera and one of the NVR? Maybe only the NVR can retrieve the camera's library and use for smart detection and any other change through camera's GUI causes a confusion. This could also be a compatibility issue and they must fix. It has been more than a year since AcuSense NXI-K series became available.
I would like to mention that @JB1970 had given this advise to me one year ago and thanks for that and sorry I did not follow this advise because I thought it concerned only the regions shapes.

Hi alfaclvi, thanks for your feedback and testing,

From what i understood if you have NXI NVR and Acusense camera, it's better to use the VCA from the camera and send the event to the NVR, you won't overcharge the nvr and possibly have better result as the detection is made from the camera itself without any latency.

If i correctly understand you only actived the VCA on the camera and did all the settings from the NVR?
Have you tried this after the firmware upgrade or before?

Hi alfaclvi, thanks for your feedback and testing,

From what i understood if you have NXI NVR and Acusense camera, it's better to use the VCA from the camera and send the event to the NVR, you won't overcharge the nvr and possibly have better result as the detection is made from the camera itself without any latency.

If i correctly understand you only actived the VCA on the camera and did all the settings from the NVR?
Have you tried this after the firmware upgrade or before?
From previous posts (and this one) @alfaclvi seems to have more issues using the camera VCA than the NVR VCA (reliability of detection)

One thing I noticed in another post by @alfaclvi several days ago was that VCA search by rules (drawn line/region) was showing all detections when Human/Vehicle filter applied; that is normal and the case for all NVRs (you cannot filter for 'Human' in just one part of the screen.

Hi @Martel and @JB1970

No Martel. After factory reset, for both Camera DS-2CD2047G2H and NVR DS-7608NXI-K2, I did nothing on camera settings. I did not enable or set something that concerns events on the camera through browser or iVMS and camera GUI.
I did all settings from the NVR, in my case I used the iVMS4200 and did the settings for that camera and of course VCA by Camera. I suppose same thing can be performed by NVR GUI. The NVR somehow transfers and saves the settings to the camera.
The mistake I did previously was that if I wanted to correct something with precision e.g. on the regions lines, corners and because I could full screen the camera GUI image but not through the NVR which could not be full screen, I saved the settings again but on camera GUI. Then everything was messed but could not understand it. Only on detection.
This was before updating the new firmware.
@JB1970 I don't remember well but I think I did not have an issue with my DS-2CD2047G2-L and before buying the Acusense NXI NVR. I should have post this in the past. I noticed, the far to near or whatever this was for a close to my camera region, a few months ago and with new Hybrid and NXI.
About the Human and Vehicle, I am sorry I did not know that. So this means that I can find them only by Search tab on NVR GUI and not by Event, Playback and by using Rules. Anyway I cannot understand this and of course why the check boxes for Human and Vehicle exist.

Last edited:
I don't remember well but I think I did not have an issue with my DS-2CD2047G2-L and before buying the Acusense NXI NVR. I should have post this in the past. I noticed, the far to near or whatever this was for a close to my camera region, a few months ago and with new Hybrid and NXI.
I've not had issues myself, but to be fair I've not thoroughly tested it as once I've set up and left site I'm reliant on customers reporting any issues.
So this means that I can find them only by Search tab on NVR GUI and not by Event, Playback and by using Rules. Anyway I cannot understand this and of course why the check boxes for Human and Vehicle exist.
Yeah all my events show correctly if I select 'Human', however when you use space rule to look in a specific part of the screen you either see no results or see all results including non human on most NVRs/DVRs. You're right about the check box being pointless - on the NXI it remains present when you select space rule but on the M series those boxes deselect themselves automatically when you click the box for space rule. It definitely would be handy...I have motion covering the full screen but I may only want to search for Human within a specific area and it's all or nothing. I'm not sure if it's the same when using 'VCA By NVR', as the NVR is doing the processing so should know what's going on in a particular area, whereas 'By Camera' will send metadata with the video stream.

Yes but you help a lot.....
I am also nosey but I think I am causing more confusion :) :) than giving help

Hi @Martel and @JB1970

No Martel. After factory reset, for both Camera DS-2CD2047G2H and NVR DS-7608NXI-K2, I did nothing on camera settings. I did not enable or set something that concerns events on the camera through browser or iVMS and camera GUI.
I did all settings from the NVR, in my case I used the iVMS4200 and did the settings for that camera and of course VCA by Camera. I suppose same thing can be performed by NVR GUI. The NVR somehow transfers and saves the settings to the camera.
The mistake I did previously was that if I wanted to correct something with precision e.g. on the regions lines, corners and because I could full screen the camera GUI image but not through the NVR which could not be full screen, I saved the settings again but on camera GUI. Then everything was messed but could not understand it. Only on detection.
This was before updating the new firmware.
@JB1970 I don't remember well but I think I did not have an issue with my DS-2CD2047G2-L and before buying the Acusense NXI NVR. I should have post this in the past. I noticed, the far to near or whatever this was for a close to my camera region, a few months ago and with new Hybrid and NXI.
About the Human and Vehicle, I am sorry I did not know that. So this means that I can find them only by Search tab on NVR GUI and not by Event, Playback and by using Rules. Anyway I cannot understand this and of course why the check boxes for Human and Vehicle exist.
Ok thanks i will try the same factory reset everything and do all settings from the NVR directly,
But i remeber i had to change the frame from the camera itself to 1/30 to have correct FPS at night, overthing it's too laggy

Another question not related to camera but do you by any change have hikvison alarm? i'm planning to change my old alarm by the wired DS-PWA96-M2H-WE version, from what i've read it's very convienent to have all on the same app and you can trigger even based on the alarm setting, etc.. Other alarms have not this integration,

Thanks

I suppose you can change it on camera without a problem. Also possibly Time settings, SDcard format and others that you cannot do from NVR. But you can also change frame from NVR by selecting your camera Video/Audio settings. Just try not to do any Event settings. I don't know what will happen if you also save the
Linkage Action "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/..." on camera settings because this cannot be set by the NVR.
No I don't have a Hikvision alarm. Also an old wired. May someone expert in here can help you with that

Back