01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision color vu not sending event notifications at night?

Yes. This is the "problem". But as I told you before, it's not a big deal since it works fine if all work is done by Camera. Its just an indication if at at least you don't save something by NVR at this particular setting
The help file associated with both my M series NVR and the G5 camera both indicate that for intrusion detection you're limited to a four sided polygon (not 10 as is allowed for motion detection)

M Series:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.51.21.png

G5 Camera:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.52.46.png

Both indicate 'click on the live video to specify the four vertexes of the detection region'

Last edited:
Yes I know JB. Same thing for DS-7608NXI K series
2. Set Camera.
3. Select VCA Mode.
By NVR
The event will be analyzed by NVR. The device can analyze videos that contain human and
vehicle. Only the target of selected type (human or vehicle) will trigger alarms, which can
reduce false alarms that are caused by other objects.
By Camera
The event will be analyzed by camera.
4. Turn on Enable.
5. Optional: Check Save VCA Picture to save the captured pictures of VCA detection.
6. Set the detection rules and detection areas.
1) Set Arming Area. Up to 4 arming areas are selectable.
2) Adjust Time Threshold and Sensitivity.
Sensitivity
The size of the object that can trigger the alarm. The higher the value is, the more easily
the detection alarm will be triggered. Its range is [1-100].
Time Threshold
Range [1s-10s], the threshold for the time of the object loitering in the region. When the
duration of the object in the defined detection area is longer than the set time, the alarm
will be triggered.
3) Optional: Set Target Detection as Human or Vehicle to discard alarms which are not triggered
by human body or vehicle.
4) Click Draw Area and draw a quadrilateral in the preview window by specifying four vertexes of
the detection region

But on K20A9_V4.75.005build230630_ReleaseNotes.pdf after this Update they say:

7. Perimeter algorithm optimization
. Supports a max of 10 points
Support max and min rule

And it works fine, but only for VCA by NVR

My G5 manual does not refer to sides:

Draw Area
This section introduces the configuration of area.
Steps
1. Click Detection Area.
2. Click on the live view to draw the boundaries of the detection region, and right click to complete
drawing.
3. Click Save.
Note
● Click Clear to clear the selected area.
● Click Clear All to clear all pre-defined areas.

But from the beginning it was 10

Hi JB

Just found the update in Network Camera-V5.7.11 Release Note-G5.pdf (2022-09-13)

Network Camera-V5.7.11 Release Note-G5
(2022-09-13)
Firmware Basic Information Firmware version: V5.7.11 build220913
New Features
1. New products: ColorVu vari-focal 6MP/8MP and 6MP fixed lens products.
Modify Function
1. Smart event rule box: Upgrade from rectangle to polygon.
2. 2, 3 series with SD card products: SD card support capacity upgrade from 256GB to 512GB
3. Solve the problem that 3Bxx heating models do not pass the production heating test.
Note
Does not support rollback to versions prior to 5.7

1. Smart event rule box: Upgrade from rectangle to polygon
That unfortunately means little as a polygon isn't defined by a particular number of sides. A triangle and a rectangle are both polygons, in that they are a plane shape with straight sides. The camera supports a maximum of 4 vertices for the area whereas, as you indicated, the NVR VCA engine will now support 10. When setting up intrusion (by camera VCA), the shape drawn (whether drawn using the NVR or camera interface) is saved in the camera. When setting up intrusion (by NVR VCA) the shape drawn needs to be done on the NVR as thats where it will be saved.

Last edited:
a polygon isn't defined by a particular number of sides

It's defined in practice as a decagon or ten sided or 10 vertices. This concerns the Camera and the settings of the camera as is. Not the NVR and not the settings of the Camera through the NVR. Since decagon is accepted by the NVR with 10 vertices, even if not being able to modify, then let it be so.
As I told you before, the areas work fine for me

Hi Martel

Did you solve the problem with event notifications at night?
Hi alfaclvi,

Sorry i haven't seen your message :/

With the new settings, i get no notification at all, for ex this night at 2:07AM the car entered the area with lights, the area turned red but i did not get the notification on the app. (basic event/motion detection recorded the event)

Settings:
From smart event/ intrusion detection with human and vehicule unchecked, sensivity 100 and thresold 0 . I've redrawn min size and max size (as on the screenshot). The max size has to be that big because i've seen that the shadow of someone walking in the area is also taken on the analysis.

I've also configured basic event / motion detection with sensitivity at night = 50 and i get 100% records on the hikconnect app. I haven't enable notification as i would get a lot of false positive. Every car passing on the street with lights get trigger by motion detection as the light is moving inside the area, reflects on the walls, car, etc..

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, should i check again human/car ?

All settings were done on the camera (not on the NVR)

Attachments

• 2024-02-11 02_38_03-Clipboard.png
    2024-02-11 02_38_03-Clipboard.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 47
Hi Martel

No I believe there is nothing wrong with your settings. Checking Human and/or Vehicle does not change anything.
I have the same settings and have also Motion detection enabled, because as you also mention, this is 100% reliable and I feel safe.
I have the same issues with Smart Events and I cannot solve them. All kind of smart events.

- Targets are Detected, Observed, Recognized, Identified, there are green moving rectangles and red done regions set for event alarms, but some times, not always, there is no alarm and there is no VCA record at all. No VCA record possibly means that ColorVu did not sent the VCA to NVR or the NVR did not accept the VCA event or for some reason could not record on the disks.

- Some other times, a large target(human) is not smart detected at all, but a cat or a bird is detected in same region. This usually happens if target moves from far to near or near to far on a straight line, in the middle(about 60%) to lower part of camera view(closest to camera). On the other hand, the slightest movement, left to right or right to left, detects target and gives alarm or is simply recorded as VCA. To explain better. For example your car is always detected when moving on the road left to right or close to far, but is not detected(or detected very few times) when entering your yard(70% to 0%) moving far to near. It would be always detected though, if the car could be moving left to right or right to left inside your yard.

I have tried reducing Resolution, bitrates, video quality, enabled-disabled ROI area, calibrated with the NVR way, but there is not difference. What is common for both of us? The position(placement) of the camera and the ColorVu DS-2x47G2x with DS-7608NXI-K2. The height placement is different(mine is about 2.7m) but seems it does not change anything.
Maybe the issues concern some models of the colorVus with lower resolutions(2 and 4 mpixel)? Maybe a not full compatibility of ColorVus with new Acusense K series NVR?
I cannot solve and I quit.

Last edited:
Hi Martel

No I believe there is nothing wrong with your settings. Checking Human and/or Vehicle does not change anything.
I have the same settings and have also Motion detection enabled, because as you also mention, this is 100% reliable and I feel safe.
I have the same issues with Smart Events and I cannot solve them. All kind of smart events.

- Targets are Detected, Observed, Recognized, Identified, there are green moving rectangles and red done regions set for event alarms, but some times, not always, there is no alarm and there is no VCA record at all. No VCA record possibly means that ColorVu did not sent the VCA to NVR or the NVR did not accept the VCA event or for some reason could not record on the disks.

- Some other times, a large target(human) is not smart detected at all, but a cat or a bird is detected in same region. This usually happens if target moves from far to near or near to far on a straight line, in the middle(about 60%) to lower part of camera view(closest to camera). On the other hand, the slightest movement, left to right or right to left, detects target and gives alarm or is simply recorded as VCA. To explain better. For example your car is always detected when moving on the road left to right or close to far, but is not detected(or detected very few times) when entering your yard(70% to 0%) moving far to near. It would be always detected though, if the car could be moving left to right or right to left inside your yard.

I have tried reducing Resolution, bitrates, video quality, enabled-disabled ROI area, calibrated with the NVR way, but there is not difference. What is common for both of us? The position(placement) of the camera and the ColorVu DS-2x47G2x with DS-7608NXI-K2. The height placement is different(mine is about 2.7m) but seems it does not change anything.
Maybe the issues concern some models of the colorVus with lower resolutions(2 and 4 mpixel)? Maybe a not full compatibility of ColorVus with new Acusense K series NVR?
I cannot solve and I quit.
Attached screenshot, this is exactly what you are describing, the region is triggered (red) but send no notification.

What are our option ?? How i'm supposed to get notification if some thieves are visiting us at night?

Attachments

• 2024-02-12 00_13_16-Window.png
    2024-02-12 00_13_16-Window.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
I have tried reducing Resolution, bitrates, video quality, enabled-disabled ROI area, calibrated with the NVR way, but there is not difference. What is common for both of us?

Hi @alfaclvi and @Martel ...

Curious to know which video encoding you guys are using? I recall someone mentioning the smart/plus codecs could cause problems with events?

Hi, i personally use h265 only, no h264 or h265+

Hi... I'm not at all certain the + codecs can cause problems with events... just something I had seen somewhere in passing and wondered if it was something you guys had in common that could be causing the similar issues with events. In any case, you don't use them so that's not it!

Hi johnfitzy and Martel
I am sorry for not answering.
No I don't believe these are codec issues. Codec, bit rates, constant or variable, i-frames etc I believe that concern Playback for iVMS, Hikconnect and NVR GUI.
I believe that as if it concerns Detection, this is just an installation position issue. Two things: Height placement and Optical axis not perpendicular to travel direction of target. Not backlight, no angle, no excessive and fast changing light, no bad clarity or bad contrast.
Another common with Martels placement is the flooring broken tiles mosaic. We have similar tiles that may cause a "camera confusion"
I cannot think of something else. VCA recording or event alarm delays are other kind of issues, and not optical.
But maybe both can be solved with firmware.
For the time being I do not intend to change camera position. Cannot afford the cost of a new installation and cabling. There also many limitations with GDPR and neighbours or public roads.
I hope they will solve before our products become EOL and support

Attachments

• installation.png
    installation.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 45
I believe that as if it concerns Detection, this is just an installation position issue. Two things: Height placement and Optical axis not perpendicular to travel direction of target
I think you are right!

Hi johnfitzy and Martel
I am sorry for not answering.
No I don't believe these are codec issues. Codec, bit rates, constant or variable, i-frames etc I believe that concern Playback for iVMS, Hikconnect and NVR GUI.
I believe that as if it concerns Detection, this is just an installation position issue. Two things: Height placement and Optical axis not perpendicular to travel direction of target. Not backlight, no angle, no excessive and fast changing light, no bad clarity or bad contrast.
Another common with Martels placement is the flooring broken tiles mosaic. We have similar tiles that may cause a "camera confusion"
I cannot think of something else. VCA recording or event alarm delays are other kind of issues, and not optical.
But maybe both can be solved with firmware.
For the time being I do not intend to change camera position. Cannot afford the cost of a new installation and cabling. There also many limitations with GDPR and neighbours or public roads.
I hope they will solve before our products become EOL and support
Any chance for reporting this issue to Hikvision? Maybe you already did without any positive answer? I believe not only us have this problem ...

- Hikvision US -> We have reviewed your email....Thank you for your continuing support in using Hikvision products.....Thank you for getting in touch with our technical support team recently.....and then without offering a suggestion or solution : Overall, how satisfied were you with your recent Hikvision Support experience? Very satisfied..somewhat dissatisfied..neither satisfied nor dissatisfied .........
- Hikvision Global and EU ->Dear Customer, Thanks for choosing Hikvision! Support.xx email is for national distributors/resellers service only.
In order to provide you with better service, please contact your installer or the local distributors for presale service...

So there is no support for End-users/installers. But they say it only after sale.
This means that if someone installed the cameras etc by himself, is out of support or tickets.
Yes, there are others too with the "no Smart Detection" issue which is unforgivable.
Yesterday there was an issue reported by @timearnshaw who says that "was dancing around like a madman in front of cameras" but there was no Detection

An update:
Today I made a slight angle correction about 5 degree to the left and there is also a slight improvement in detection on pathway when entering my property.
Also a friend that works as an installer suggested to give a hight of 10 more centimeter. I don't have more hight to give because camera is under the above balcony. Can't do this now because I am in a very bad post covid situation. I will inform you about the results when possible.

Last edited:
Hi @Martel

There is a new firmware for K-series AcuSense DS-76xxNXI-K2/8P

This is: Firmware__V4.82.000_240224_S3000557864

There are no release notes so we cannot know what it solves or changes. Maybe later.....

.... I will inform you about the results when possible.
Hi @Martel and @johnfitzy

Next morning and all day there was no Detection at all again for the front to mid part of my camera image. Far in front and far on both sides, left and right Detection was OK.
So I decided to clear all Smart regions and disable Smart Events on Camera settings and on NVR settings. Cleared and disabled everything, including the areas that where not set. Some areas could not be deleted from Camera settings but where deleted by NVR settings.
Then rebooted the Camera and the NVR.
I experimented on doing all the Smart Events for that camera, as VCA By NVR. I don't mean by using the NVR and do VCA By Camera, but using the NVR's option for setting VCA By NVR. This means that the Smart VCA option of ColorVu camera is disabled and not used at all.
I draw the same previous regions for Intrusion Line Crossing, Region Entrance, Region Exit. And then tested on those regions.
Everything worked perfect. There was not one missing detection. I was detected as Human on all kind of Smart events and all areas. There was no Far to Near or Near to Far problem!!!!
This means, at least for me, that I was wrong in my previous posts about image sensor or bad lens focus. So, this seemed to be the firmware of the Camera.
Now what was the problem with this kind of VCA By NVR setting? I could see all events(total 100) on NVR GUI, left side of Home screen, I could find all events by using the Search option of NVR GUI, but I could not find the events by NVR GUI-Playback Normal or Event by using the Smart search or Rule, drawing lines or polygons. Could not also find them on iVMS by Rules search. It was as if the same NVR could not find by Rules its own VCA events.

Then decided to factory reset both the NVR and the ColorVu and do another experiment.
After both factory reset I powered OFF the NVR. Used the iVMS4200 to activate ColorVU and add to network.
Did not enable and did nothing on Normal or Smarts events or somewhere else except two things, which was formatting the sdcard and setting a mask area since doing this from the NVR is only rectangle and not other quadrilateral.
Then did setup the NVR and added again my cameras.
Then did all the settings for Normal Event and Smart event from NVR settings on iVMS4200 and used the option VCA By Camera. After that rebooted the NVR and everything works fine for Detection on every part of the camera image.
I suppose there must not be done any kind of adjustment anymore from Camera GUI(browser or iVMS). Even the smallest change or adjustment and then SAVE e.g. Sensitivity that is set by the camera GUI will alter all the previous setup and there will be no Detection again.
I really cannot understand why the issue appeared only on a specific part of image or morning hours or possibly "at night" as @Martel said and how it was fixed by this way. This problem could not also be fixed if all smart settings where re-saved from the NVR GUI or iVMS GUI as VCA By Camera.
I don't know if this could be a "conflict" between the two "libraries", one of camera and one of the NVR? Maybe only the NVR can retrieve the camera's library and use for smart detection and any other change through camera's GUI causes a confusion. This could also be a compatibility issue and they must fix. It has been more than a year since AcuSense NXI-K series became available.
I would like to mention that @JB1970 had given this advise to me one year ago and thanks for that and sorry I did not follow this advise because I thought it concerned only the regions shapes.

Back