01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision color vu not sending event notifications at night?

Hi
All Cameras settings are set by camera except one that is only included in NVR settings.
This setting is Linkage Action-Audio Alarm. I do this first, selecting only the type of Smart Event I want to use. But you can do on all kind of Events for future use. This remains selected when saved once.
- All my Image->Display settings are left to default except the Day/night switch which I select different setting. Exposure Time = 1/12, LC WDR HLC are OFF
- Try reducing Threshold(Seuil) to 0. Setting at 2 gives two more seconds for someone loitering inside the area. Adding this to processing time gives a result of more than 5 seconds of delay and surely not an event alarm.
- I usually do settings on cameras from IVMS and I also do settings on Edge(Ie Mode). I do not do Event settings from NVR
- If you see that some of the settings are not visible on NVR GUI, you can apply them on the NVR but then you have to do them again on IVMS or Edge Camera settings
- Reboot the NXI NVR after doing all settings is always necessary.
- I told you about the size of the target because I compared with the size of the person and the size of the car.
- The Configuration - Live View - Alarm Pop-up delay is not under SMD or Smart Event settings. You can find it only on NVR GUI->Configuration - Live View - Alarm Pop-up delay
Now about the rectangles and decagons I can not understand why they fixed only for VCA mode by NVR and not VCA mode by Camera.
This is what they write on K20A9_V4.75.005build230630_ReleaseNotes.pdf:
"7. Perimeter algorithm optimization
. Supports a max of 10 points
Support max and min rule"

They don't write only for VCA mode By NVR
There is a similar issue on IVMS where when searching for VCA events, you can only draw a triagle??????
And the problem with the plug-ins they will never solve, either for GUIs or for IVMS and browsers. Think of that they are still counting on Internet Explorer for IVMS
This is silly

This is silly
Agreed. Earlier you quoted that “we all have similar issues with ColorVu cameras” - no we don’t. You’ve described issues that you have personally with your setup and aren’t the norm for everyone. Applying settings via the NVR then having to repeat them on the camera - this is totally unnecessary and against standard practice.

Hi JB
Applying settings via the NVR then having to repeat them on the camera
Hi JB. How do I apply Audio Alarm if not applying on NVR? But if you apply, then the areas are converted to rectangles and you have to do them again(repeat) from camera. Agree, that may be I am the only one with those issues. Left pic is the NXI-K2 right pic is the ColorVU
audio.png

Hi
All Cameras settings are set by camera except one that is only included in NVR settings.
This setting is Linkage Action-Audio Alarm. I do this first, selecting only the type of Smart Event I want to use. But you can do on all kind of Events for future use. This remains selected when saved once.

OK i will redo all settings from the camera now except this one

- All my Image->Display settings are left to default except the Day/night switch which I select different setting. Exposure Time = 1/12, LC WDR HLC are OFF

ok
- Try reducing Threshold(Seuil) to 0. Setting at 2 gives two more seconds for someone loitering inside the area. Adding this to processing time gives a result of more than 5 seconds of delay and surely not an event alarm.
- I usually do settings on cameras from IVMS and I also do settings on Edge(Ie Mode). I do not do Event settings from NVR
- If you see that some of the settings are not visible on NVR GUI, you can apply them on the NVR but then you have to do them again on IVMS or Edge Camera settings
- Reboot the NXI NVR after doing all settings is always necessary.
- I told you about the size of the target because I compared with the size of the person and the size of the car.
- The Configuration - Live View - Alarm Pop-up delay is not under SMD or Smart Event settings. You can find it only on NVR GUI->Configuration - Live View - Alarm Pop-up delay

Ok found it, it was setup for 10s, i put 1s
Now about the rectangles and decagons I can not understand why they fixed only for VCA mode by NVR and not VCA mode by Camera.
This is what they write on K20A9_V4.75.005build230630_ReleaseNotes.pdf:
"7. Perimeter algorithm optimization
. Supports a max of 10 points
Support max and min rule"

They don't write only for VCA mode By NVR
There is a similar issue on IVMS where when searching for VCA events, you can only draw a triagle??????
And the problem with the plug-ins they will never solve, either for GUIs or for IVMS and browsers. Think of that they are still counting on Internet Explorer for IVMS
This is silly
Weird yes, i'll do the settings and rectangle from the camera. lets see how it goes tonight

How do I apply Audio Alarm if not applying on NVR?
Correct, do the available settings in the NVR & then (if necessary) do any settings on the camera that are not available in the NVR interface.
But if you apply, then the areas are converted to rectangles and you have to do them again(repeat) from camera.
I've seen similar. However, the individual rectangles (grid) cover the same shape on screen as the polygon. It's just the way that shape is represented.

One other thing 'Alarm Pop Up Delay'. I don't think that's actually a delay, just bad wording from Hikvision on that model. On the M Series it's named 'Full Screen Monitoring Dwell Time'. So it's not a delay before the camera goes full screen, it's how long the NVR keeps the triggered camera full screen after the event has ended.

However, the individual rectangles (grid) cover the same shape on screen as the polygon. It's just the way that shape is represented.
Most times yes. It depends on the polygon. Sometimes it can even become a triangle. I cannot understand how the NVR chooses the dots and then closes the rectangle by itself

I'm not sure what I'm looking at there. I'm currently watching 'Only Connect' on BBC2 and the puzzles are a whole lot easier to decipher

IVMS 4200

Left pic ColorVU Intrusion settings, two Intrusion areas #1 yellow and #2 blue area, two Line crossing detection the vertical blue on the left and the slanded one on the right.

Right pic NVR Intrusion settings for ColorVU automaticaly modified by the NVR region #1 red and region #2 yellow. But you can also see the blue ones created by the Camera settings

Above mess does not mean that the areas created by the camera do not work. It means that if you modify and save a change on the NVR e.g. the Linkage action for Audio Alarm or the Full screen Monitoring, then you have to draw the lines again in camera settings and not the NVR

Not a big deal JB, but its a bug

IVMS 4200

Left pic ColorVU Intrusion settings, two Intrusion areas #1 yellow and #2 blue area, two Line crossing detection the vertical blue on the left and the slanded one on the right.

Right pic NVR Intrusion settings for ColorVU automaticaly modified by the NVR region #1 red and region #2 yellow. But you can also see the blue ones created by the Camera settings

Above mess does not mean that the areas created by the camera do not work. It means that if you modify and save a change on the NVR e.g. the Linkage action for Audio Alarm or the Full screen Monitoring, then you have to draw the lines again in camera settings and not the NVR

Not a big deal JB, but its a bug
Yeah it's a bit weird. It looks as though when you drew Region 1, you started at the bottom left, clicked the next two points (above, then a fraction to the right). At that point, the drawing of the zone completed itself down to the first point, prematurely, before you finished the polygon.

I remember the bug where polygon motion zones used to default to a large (almost full screen) rectangle following a reboot. That took so long (probably more than a year) before Hikvision resolved it.

They are both 9 points. The rectangles include solar panels with reflections, so excluded for false alarms.
The first picture I posted is a wrong??? LocalServiceComponents for the NXI NVR

Last edited:
They are both 9 points. The rectangles include solar panels with reflections, so excluded for false alarms.
The first picture I posted is a wrong? LocalServiceComponents for the NXI NVR
Yeah I see that. What I mean is, it looks as though when you drew it via the NVR, it autocompleted the shape from point 3 (back to 1)

Yeah I see that. What I mean is, it looks as though when you drew it via the NVR, it autocompleted the shape from point 3 (back to 1)
No I drew it via the camera. Yes it was simultaneously autocompleted from point 3 back to 1 by itself and by the NVR and I saw that when entered NVR settings. All of them, IVMS, NVR and browser.
But it is OK though and you can see the right regions on NVR Live View

I'd always draw the area on the NVR (which then applies it on the camera if using camera VCA). That's not to say there's not some bug as alfaclvi is experiencing.

I'd always draw the area on the NVR (which then applies it on the camera if using camera VCA). That's not to say there's not some bug as alfaclvi is experiencing.
Yes I agree that the solution is to draw on NVR, but then again, to achieve the result of one 10 sided polygon(like mine 'Only Connect' puzzles), you have to use all four regions of the NVR. They must fix, as they fixed the 10 sided for VCA by NVR

Yes I agree that the solution is to draw on NVR, but then again, to achieve the result of one 10 sided polygon(like mine 'Only Connect' puzzles), you have to use all four regions of the NVR. They must fix, as they fixed the 10 sided for VCA by NVR
So you're saying the bug is that when setting up intrusion by the NVR interface, it's not possible to draw a 10 point polygon on that particular NVR?

So you're saying the bug is that when setting up intrusion by the NVR interface, it's not possible to draw a 10 point polygon on that particular NVR?
Yes. This is the "problem". But as I told you before, it's not a big deal since it works fine if all work is done by Camera. Its just an indication if at at least you don't save something by NVR at this particular setting

Back