01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ds-7208huhi-k1 dvr admin password reset?

poolshark

Hi,
i can gain access to my dvr by drawing the unlock code. i can not log into dvr web interface on pc because i do not know the admin password. Is it possible to change admin password on dvr bt logging in as admin by drawing unlock code?
oh i forgot i can log into hik-connect and see dvr live view

Hi @poolshark

When logging in via the direct monitor you should see a link for 'forgot password', click this and you should see several password reset options like reset via email or security questions.

If you haven't configured any of these then you will need to open SADP on a PC and export the password reset file which you will then need to send to your original supplier/installer to perform the password reset. Instructions for this can be found in the below thread:

If you can't contact the original seller then your only option will be to log in using unlock pattern and then under the Maintenance menu you can hard reset the DVR and set it up with a new password.

Dan thanks for replying..the shop that the DVR was bought from is no longer in business ..I'll try the reset option you mentioned..(I have been reading up..so I hope reset by hik connect is an option on this model- I'll try it when I get home)

Reactions: Dan
Dan Thanks for help . i went into maintenance and carried out a hard reset like you suggested.. i was able to set a new password and setup dvr again...Thanks again.

Back