01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7616Nl-M2-16P NVR error "Not enough decoding resource. Please download the local server plug-in and try again"?

jajman2004

From a remote computer on the same home network using Firefox web browser I keep gettiing "Not enough decoding resource. Please download the local server plug-in and try again."
This is on an i9 PC with 64GiB RAM runing Ubuntu 22.04. What is the Plug In that I should down load and where do I find it.
Hope ypu can help.
Thanks.

Thanks Dan.
That is fine for Windows but I asked about running on a PC using Linux Ubuntu O/S.
Is there an equivalent for this?
Regards,
Jagman2004

Hi @jajman2004

As far as we are aware, there is no Linux-compatible plug-in or software for the Hikvision products.

We've had a few Linux users ask us about compatible IP cameras in the past and I don't think any of the professional brands we sell offer good support for Linux.

Perhaps you can create a solution to work with Ubuntu via Zone Minder:

Reactions: Dan
Hi @jajman2004

As far as we are aware, there is no Linux-compatible plug-in or software for the Hikvision products.

We've had a few Linux users ask us about compatible IP cameras in the past and I don't think any of the professional brands we sell offer good supportHello Dan,,

Hello Dan,
I have found the answer:-
1)First install gdebi which is the best way to install a .deb file on Ubuntu.

sudo apt install gedebi

2)Download the LocalServiceComponent_amd64_uos.deb file

using the download Ubuntu Plug-in button from the Hikvision screen:-

3)Install the Plug-in with:-

sudo gdebi /home/reg/Downloads/LocalServiceComponent_amd64_uos.deb

All Done

Reactions: Dan
Thanks @jajman2004

We don't get a huge number of Linux users, but I'm sure this solution will be useful to the few that do run into problems.

Back