01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision HeatPro 4k?

Ultra4

Hi

Do you know if Hikvision plan on releasing these in 4K?

At the moment they look to be 2K so it would mean my quality would be taking a step down.

I really need better detection and I am thinking the HeatPro series is the only way? Thermals for intrusion detection (so time can be added) and then get that camera to trigger recording to the other 4K cameras? (Ideally I'd like this heat pro to be 4k itself but i'm not sure if one is available?)

It seems that a feature that would be good isn't all on one camera, for example was also looking for a dome PTZ.... but that doesn't do colourVu??? Why can they not just merge the tech lol?

Hi @Ultra4

As far as we are aware there are no plans for 4K HeatPro cameras, as these are dual-sensor cameras there is likely some kind of hardware/software limitation that makes it tricky to run a 4K sensor alongside the thermal sensor.

Have you looked at the new Hybrid Light cameras? They combine IR LEDs and ColorVu technology to allow you to switch between B&W and Colour when events are triggered, see this forum thread where a user has been testing these new Hybrid cameras.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I have seen them (and just read that thread which is excellent btw, thanks for linking it). Does it give an advantage of motion detection with IR versus ColourVu mode? If so, any idea how much more advantageous?

Back