01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision intercom NVR setup - with the doorbell camera recorded continuously to my NVR?

Tommyt01

Hi all, I’ve tried searching but can’t find the information for what I’m looking

I’m looking at getting a ds-kis603-p to replace a ring doorbell, I’m looking for the doorbell to record continuously to my Hikvision nvr which I have cameras allready wired directly from cameras to nvr.

Is this possible for the doorbell to be connected to the nvr to record 24/7 and also receive notification/alerts to the app? If so I’m struggling on how it would be wire it up with the screen and doorbell?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Hi all, I’ve tried searching but can’t find the information for what I’m looking

I’m looking at getting a ds-kis603-p to replace a ring doorbell, I’m looking for the doorbell to record continuously to my Hikvision nvr which I have cameras allready wired directly from cameras to nvr.

Is this possible for the doorbell to be connected to the nvr to record 24/7 and also receive notification/alerts to the app? If so I’m struggling on how it would be wire it up with the screen and doorbell?

Any guidance is much appreciated

With the KIS-603P kit you just pair the outdoor and indoor unit on your network and add just the indoor unit to Hik Connect. That'll get your calls to the app. Then in the DVR add just the outdoor unit to the DVR using its IP and admin password. That'll allow you to record to the NVR.

Last edited:
It’s worth noting the screen and external unit need to be on your wider network and not plugged direct to your NVR rear PoE ports

It’s worth noting the screen and external unit need to be on your wider network and not plugged direct to your NVR rear PoE ports
Good call...'on your network' was a bit vague

By wider network, do you mean to the same network as the NVR? E.g. over WiFI?

By wider network, do you mean to the same network as the NVR? E.g. over WiFI?
Yes the intercom outdoor and indoor unit need to be on the same network as the NVR (whether they’re connected by cable or WiFi)

Thanks. Sorry to ask another question, but doesnt the outdoor unit require an ethernet network connection? Your response below suggests it can do WiFi?

I have a Nest doorbell that a delightful sparky has wired back to a consumer unit for power rather than my network cabinet.

Thanks. Sorry to ask another question, but doesnt the outdoor unit require an ethernet network connection? Your response below suggests it can do WiFi?

I have a Nest doorbell that a delightful sparky has wired back to a consumer unit for power rather than my network cabinet.
If it has W in the part number it is WiFi. So for mine the outdoor unit - KV6113 there's a DS-KV6113-PE1(C) & a DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) - the latter has WiFi. It's the same for the indoor unit - there's a variant with WiFi. So on the WiFi model you can choose to use:
  • WiFi and a standard 12V DC power supply
  • Ethernet and a standard 12V DC power supply
  • Ethernet with PoE
You can just use that cable going from the door to the consumer unit and connect it to a 12V DC power supply if it isn't already

Thank you JB1970, incredibly helpful and sounds a good solution.

The Nest Aware fees are getting stupid at £60/year so have been trying to look at a way of integrating into my Hikvision setup.

Hey. Thanks for the replies. I bought the kit KIS603-P(C), I have connected via WiFi for the external doorbell with the internal screen and all works well with notifications to the Hikvision app,

The problem I’m getting is it won’t let me add the doorbell as a camera to my dvr? It just won’t connect no matter what I seem to do, username and password is 100% correct. I have a ds-7204hqhi-f1/n.

Could anyone help with why? And the fix to get it sorted?

Cheers

Hey. Thanks for the replies. I bought the kit KIS603-P(C), I have connected via WiFi for the external doorbell with the internal screen and all works well with notifications to the Hikvision app,

The problem I’m getting is it won’t let me add the doorbell as a camera to my dvr? It just won’t connect no matter what I seem to do, username and password is 100% correct. I have a ds-7204hqhi-f1/n.

Could anyone help with why? And the fix to get it sorted?

Cheers
Assuming the DVR is connected to the same network as the doorbell, you should be able to add it using the IP address, admin and admin password with port 8000.

Your DVR is an old one and I don't have the spec sheet to hand (your original post said 'NVR' and in that case compatibility would've been guaranteed). I would check to see what limitations there are on adding IP cameras. The doorbell is 1080P so there should be no issue there. However there may be a bitrate limitation. Also, if it does allow the adding of IP cameras, it may be only one. Are the rest of your cameras non IP?

Ok @Tommyt01 I found the answer....

IP cameras can be added to your DVR but at a maximum resolution of 960P. The default for the doorbell main stream is 1080P. Login to the outdoor unit using a web browser and change the resolution down to 720P and it should work fine.

Thanks @JB1970 for having a look and getting back to me.

I have now hard wired everything and connected via a poe

I have logged into the doorbell and I can only see these two resolutions? Does that it won’t be supported?

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 78
Thanks @JB1970 for having a look and getting back to me.

I have now hard wired everything and connected via a poe

I have logged into the doorbell and I can only see these two resolutions? Does that it won’t be supported?
It should be fine if set to 1280 x 720P.

The DVR supports up to 960P (1280 x 960), so 1280 x 720P is lower than that limit.

Your original message is a touch vague as to the exact issue you're having. You said 'it won't connect' when you've added it using the username and password. Even if the video signal wasn't compatible, the connection would be visible in the DVR menu; you'd at least get a black screen for the IP channel or some 'no resource' type message.

I changed the setting of the doorbell down to 1280 x 720

When I add the camera with the ip address that’s in sadp, it’s says connecting for around 30 seconds then I get the below message saying it’s offline?

Not sure what the ip camera exception means?

Attachments

• IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_5056.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5057.jpeg
    IMG_5057.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I changed the setting of the doorbell down to 1280 x 720

When I add the camera with the ip address that’s in sadp, it’s says connecting for around 30 seconds then I get the below message saying it’s offline?

Not sure what the ip camera exception means?
It's not connecting then. And when you fill the details in for the KV6113 you're definitely entering 'admin' along with the password for that device (not the DVR)? I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work (assuming the doorbell has the correct gateway address and subnet mask to match the DVR, but it would be unlikely that they're wrong). I'm out of other ideas unfortunately.

Yeah 100% the correct password, ive checked the gateway and subnet mask and they all match, im at a bit of a loss too, thanks for the help, maybe time to upgrade the dvr to a later one
Thankyou

Yeah 100% the correct password, ive checked the gateway and subnet mask and they all match, im at a bit of a loss too, thanks for the help, maybe time to upgrade the dvr to a later one
Thankyou
Yeah unfortunately it's difficult to know what the DVR 'doesn't like' and why it's failing to connect.

My thoughts are that it might be an authentication issue. Occasionally when using an older camera newer DVR/older DVR newer camera combination, there's a mismatch between support for Basic or Digest Authentication. Both IP cameras and DVR/NVRs have a setting that you can adjust to get around this; unfortunately there's not on the KV6113 (I just checked on mine) so it must be fixed to one setting in the firmware.

Try logging into your DVR using web browser and navigate to:

Configuration > System > Security > Authentication. The authentication for RTSP and Web may be set as Digest, Basic or Digest/Basic. Make sure it's Digest/Basic then try connecting again.

Hi
Your KV6113 is connected wirelessly with the indoor station. Try disconnecting from this and then connect by network cable on your main router or repeater.
Your indoor station works as gateway and this could cause a conflict. Then try to modify network settings and connect wirelessly on your main router or repeater
Check also the Network settings Advanced Settings DNS1 IP Address and DNS2 IP Address. Try DNS1 by entering your main router IP. Same settings should be for all cameras and dvr

Hi
Your KV6113 is connected wirelessly with the indoor station. Try disconnecting from this and then connect by network cable on your main router or repeater.
Your indoor station works as gateway and this could cause a conflict. Then try to modify network settings and connect wirelessly on your main router or repeater
Check also the Network settings Advanced Settings DNS1 IP Address and DNS2 IP Address. Try DNS1 by entering your main router IP. Same settings should be for all cameras and dvr
He's already hard wired it. The KV6113 is paired/linked to the indoor station, but it doesn't prevent a simultaneous connection from another client, DVR, browser session so shouldn't pose an issue. DNS settings have no impact at all when connecting two clients on the same network - they're not using domain names.

Back