01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Live-Guard on DS-7616NXI-I2(C) NVR?

kinros

Hello,

I have a DS-7616NXI-I2(C), which is updated to the latest Firmware_V4.62.210_230619

After setting it up, I don't seem to have the Live-Guard function on the hik-vision app as my Notifications icon does not have the cog on it.

Does anyone know if this NVR supports Live-Guard?

Hi @kinros

What camera models do you have connected to this NVR?

Hi @Dan,

NVR and Camera details in pic below.
Cam 11 is a RTSP feed of a 2N Door Station.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.png
    IMG_0051.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0052.png
    IMG_0052.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 44
Thanks @kinros

So the only camera you have that supports the Live-Guard features is the 2387G2-LSU/SL, have you tried opening just the live view of this camera to find the Live-Guard settings/controls?

Can you please share screenshots of your Hik-Connect app?

Thanks @Dan,

Yes, some of the other cameras are set to trigger the audio on this camera.

Please see screenshots of Hik-Connect app attached.

Attachments

• IMG_9400.png
    IMG_9400.png
    980.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9401.png
    IMG_9401.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
Hi @kinros

Thanks for sharing those screenshots.

What exactly do you mean by "Notifications icon does not have the cog on it"? Have you seen mention of this cog icon in some Hikvision instructions somewhere?

The NVR definitely does support Live-Guard cameras and I can see in the 2nd screenshot that the app is displaying the button to manually activate the strobe/audible alarm, what else are you expecting to do in the app?

Hi @Dan,

See below screen shot taken from a video explaining how to setup LiveGuard. The alarm icon has a gear cog in the bottom right corner … mine doesn’t.

I am expecting to be able to arm and disarm the alarm/strobe by a press of a button and also set a schedule when the alarm / strobe will activate … this is a seperate schedule to the smart event schedule which is on24x7. This is so it will alway send a push alert and mark the event on the timeline, but only trigger the strobe light and audio alarm say after 10PM at night.

I hope this makes sense

Link to the video I used to try and setup the app side:

Attachments

• IMG_9414.jpeg
    IMG_9414.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 36
live guard function only works in Australia it's not available for UK. On hikvision website under live guard on the bottom is special firmware for this function to run. (Before upgrading your nvr firmware check if it's compatible with your nvr version)

Reactions: Dan
@LukTHAT'SmyNAME

Thanks for the info.

I am based in AUS, but my NVR (NXI) isn't on the list of supported NVRs for the custom Firmware, no NXIs are on the list :(
I get the "Error Message 0x05242887" when I try to install the firmware.

Link to the Hikvision Live-Guard page for anyone interested

Reactions: Dan
Back