01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Night Configuration

Cos

Hi,

I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS which I am really struggling to setup. All I want to do is to view number plates in the dark, or night time but all I cannot see the text - it's either blurred or a white rectangle. I don't need ANPR / LPR, just be clear and visible so I can see then through head light glare (and in the day time too!!)

I have it with the mounting scenario set to outside. It is physically on top of my bay, around 3 or 4 meters up and points approximately 30-40 degrees to the road parallel outside. I wouldn't have thought that was particularly far away??? It is the only place I can mount to get a full view of what I need.

I have tried setting the ROI but quite honestly I cannot see any difference when it's enabled to disabled. I have BLC and WDR both off and HLC maxed out at 15. Exposure time is 1/500 with a gain of 75.

I have to say I am slightly disappointed with Hikvisions setup help, or rather the lack of. Does anyone have a guide as to how I can set this up properly?

Any help is appreciated.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing at night? It's likely you'll need to tweak the exposure time to faster than 1/500, but a capture will definitely help us help you.

Here is an image:
This is a cropped image showing the problem described.

You can kind of see the number plates, however I would have expected it to be a bit clearer.....

I've also found that the clarity varies quite a bit. There is a street light to the left just out of view and this can sometimes cause a complete white-out of the number plates as previously described.

Thanks

Could you also upload a screenshot of your video settings and image settings?

Video and image settings as requested....

I believe I have everything but if not then let me know.

Back