01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision noisy NVR

@LoinKing what model NVR do you have. The modification in post #13 using two power supplies is easy enough. I wish I'd remembered that post before I took a 7616NI-K2/16P and through it in a skip because I couldn't locate a replacement PSU for one that was rattling...

I have NXI-K without POE, so just one case fan. I did see the posts about cutting off the metal grill to reduce noise, but some people said that didn't help them much. It might be best to start with a Noctua fan (running at low speed) to see how it goes.

Our nvr is connect to our main room TV - for a quick view of all the cams while watching tv, so not possible to move it elsewhere.

I have NXI-K without POE, so just one case fan. I did see the posts about cutting off the metal grill to reduce noise, but some people said that didn't help them much. It might be best to start with a Noctua fan (running at low speed) to see how it goes.

Our nvr is connect to our main room TV - for a quick view of all the cams while watching tv, so not possible to move it elsewhere.
I ran an NXI-K with and without case fan. The HD ran at only 7 degrees warmer without. Now that was 32 degrees, the Tosh hard disk will work up to 75 degrees and the NXI at 55 degrees ambient. Would I run it without the case fan? I wouldn’t give it a second thought in a UK living room. In an enclosure of any sort - no

Back