01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVRs with Area function in hik-connect?

deyangg

Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvrs support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

Does anyone know if the following models support it because it is not written anywhere:

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Basically I have some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras which work great but would like to connect them to an NVR that supports Area function in the hik-connect app so I can set areas and arm/disarm these cameras.

Thanks

Solution
Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvr's support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

Does anyone know if the following models support it because it is not written anywhere:

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Basically I have some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras which work great but would like to connect them to an NVR that supports Area function in the hik-connect app so I can set areas and arm/disarm these cameras.

Thanks
The first possibly not but I can't be sure as it depends how recent the firmware goes up to. Across the different models, the firmware versions that do support the function are usually 4.70/4.72 (ish) and above. The last...
Hi guys,

I've spent all day trying to find out which current hikvision nvr's support creation of "areas" to arm/disarm in the hik-connect app.

DS-7616NXI-I2/S
iDS-7716NXI-I4/X(C)
DS-7616NXI-K2
DS-7616NI-M2

Thanks
The first possibly not but I can't be sure as it depends how recent the firmware goes up to. Across the different models, the firmware versions that do support the function are usually 4.70/4.72 (ish) and above. The last two definitely have the feature.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks man, I will then get the DS-7616NXI-K2, I hope it will have the areas function - will post back to confirm.

Upvote 0
Thanks man, I will then get the DS-7616NXI-K2, I hope it will have the areas function - will post back to confirm.
It does. Just make sure as soon as you get it connected to download and install the latest firmware. Whether it be cameras or NVR/DVR, equipment is rarely up to date when delivered.

Upvote 0
Back