01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Smart IR

Hi Paul,

The 3MP R0 series definitely had Smart IR as a configurable option, but in the latest firmware updates this was renamed to "Smart Supplement Light". To my knowledge, it's still the same function, just under a different name.

However, the 3MP R0 series have now been superseded in the UK by their 4MP R6 series equivalents. These cameras also have the same Smart Supplement Light function and so presumably Smart IR.

A number of the more advanced Smart Hikvision cameras like their DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS also have the functionality, so I'd expect it to extend through most of their product range, if not all. Some models mention it on their datasheet, so definitely give that a check too - it's linked on each model's product page. Saying that though, some models that definitely have Smart IR don't list it as a function on their datasheet, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Hi i have some DS-2CD2342WD-I up 2.8mm 4Mp one has good ir coverage at night the other 4 is not great i ahve seem sample footage on you tube from these cameras but im not getting close

Would you be able to upload a sample capture of what you're seeing at night so I could take a look Paul? Or describe the problems you're seeing?

Back