01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Thermal DS-2TD2617-10/PA

Marco Hill

Evening,

We recently purchased 25 Bi-Spectrum thermal cameras., This is a thermal and IR camera in one. DS-2TD2617-10/PA

First of all I would like to say these are great cameras at a great price. If anyone is looking to buy a thermal camera I would check into this.

There is one issue we have come across this camera which I wanted to post.

The IR and Thermal lens stream back both at the same time to the NVR and equal two channels on the NVR.

One thing we have noticed is that one of the two, meaning either the thermal side or the IR side will drop/stop streaming while the other side still streams.

This happens randomly.

However I would like to note we connecting to these cameras via a point to point system and via a solar system, so myself and my installer believe this has to do with the line of sight
with the NanoStation or potentially not getting enough juice from the batteries that are powered by the solar panels.

If anyone has experienced similar issues with one side of the camera stopped streaming and fixed this in some way do let me know.

This happens randomly.

Again these are great cameras if one is looking at going thermal which we are using on a large farm type set-up in South Africa.

Thank you

I will send something to Hikvision South Africa and my suppliers tech team on this to see if they have any suggestions and will keep everyone updated.

Again these thermals/IR camera are great and reduce a lot of false alarms that one gets on the usual IR and even ColorVu cameras.

You can only set the alarms on the thermals not the IR side. But having the alarms on the thermal side is what helps.

I am still messing around with the sizes one can establish on the intrusion alarms as I am still picking up a lot of large animals on the farm.

Back