01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Turrent Pole Mount or alternative suggestions

volts

I may have rushed into purchasing slightly but my newly purchased turret camera can certainly be repurposed on the house rather than the shed i tried to mount it to.

The Aim of the Camera was to watch over a vehicle and perhaps (but optionally) the back gate. However i am conscious you shouldn't try and cover too much on the one camera. The temporary mounting of the Hikvision DS-2CD2323G0-I 2MP produced this image.
HIKVISION - DS-2CD2323G0-I-20190119-1213106013.jpg
and the camera was mounted here
IMG_20190119_121529.jpg

Now i don't think your going to cover the entire vehicle unless you go higher which would require a pole and a pole mount. Does Use-IP know if the aforementioned camera has a pole mount kit. or can a bullet camera and its recommended pole mount be suggested as a purchase. I don't think its worth going over 2MP as my displays aren't capable of going above 1080p

Thanks

Chris

You should be able to rotate the ball part of that turret camera within its yoke to get the image the right way up.
You can also electronically flip and mirror an image if necessary within the camera settings.

If you are not already using a 2.8mm camera, then that focal length gives you a wider field of view (the widest available) which may cover the whole car.

The available brackets and mounting options for the camera are shown on the last page of the datasheet:
https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/6803/hikvision_ds2cd2323g0i_2mp_turret_network_camera.pdf

Regardless of your displays being limited to showing only 2MP it is worth recording in higher resolution, as it will allow you to see more detail in your captured video if you ever need to review and analyse it.

Back