01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - Why can't I unbind my older recorder? any bypass?

z0re

hi, hikvision have now blocked older devices from being unbind using self service. as per article link

Question: Why can't I unbind my older recorder?

Answer: Due to changes in Hikconnect older recorder typically on firmware that is/or was on a 3.x firmware can longer be unbound using the Hikconnect app and the SADP tool. The errors for the app will say 'unbinding the current device is not supported' while the SADP tool will say 'failed.' The only 2 options are: accessing the Hikconnect account that the device is primarily added to or to add the device using IP/domain..

Does anyone know a work around this? your help much appreciated as we repair hikvision devices, if we are unable to unbind, a lot of devices we have will become useless

The only reliable way is by factory defaulting the recorder which will unlink iirc. Whatever you do, don't update the firmware prior to doing this otherwise the only way is to unlink it will be via the original hik-connect account it was added to.

The only reliable way is by factory defaulting the recorder which will unlink iirc. Whatever you do, don't update the firmware prior to doing this otherwise the only way is to unlink it will be via the original hik-connect account it was added to.
Hi Dinosaur. Are you sure about factory default? Usually devices don't unbind themself after factory. Only way was if user delete's it from account. Or SADP or Hik-Connect.

Hi Dinosaur. Are you sure about factory default? Usually devices don't unbind themself after factory. Only way was if user delete's it from account. Or SADP or Hik-Connect.
you are correct, factory resetting does not remove from hikconnect account, i have tried on a few devices just now.

in this instance, on the older devices, you are not able to unbind from all 3 options, (hik connect app, sadp and device itself). all 3 options are returned with errors.

Hi z0re. We as a official distributor in Croatia need to send devices to HIK HQ here. We also don't have any other option. Differences in platform version caused those problems.

I successfully did this with a DVR running 3.x firmware and assumed it worked on NVRs too. I had an old K series NVR running on 3.x firmware but stupidly updated the firmware prior to defaulting the unit and it would not unlink through SADP/NVR GUI unbind button.

I contacted Hik who advised that with older 3.x firmware recorders could not be unlinked and the only way to unbind them was to return the unit to Hik. Luckily the customer still had the original installers number and I was able to unlink the NVR with their help. Not sure the recorder had network access and if platform access was turned on or off when I unlinked the unit but will update next time I run into this with a recorder on old firmware.

Back