01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HIKVISON APP keeps going off-line???

Hi dalB

A good place to troubleshoot would be any sort of logs on the devices.
Do a google search on the device make/model you have and find or enable device logging on them.
Then when the issues arises you might get a good lead as to what the issue could be in the device logs which will be generated.

ok, so with business open as usual:

a) sent 48, received 48, lost 0 average 19ms

b) sent 75, received 75, lost 0 average 19ms

ok, so with business open as usual:

a) sent 48, received 48, lost 0 average 19ms

b) sent 75, received 75, lost 0 average 19ms
What about speed tests while other devices are connected (taken through the powerline from the DVR to the router)? If all is well with ping and speed tests it might be either a misconfiguration on the DVR or app. Going by what you've said regarding it being ok until the business is open though my guess (if the speed tests are repeatedly good) is that another device is conflicting. It's difficult to pinpoint

this laptop doesn't have correct port for that network cable
the tests above were done while all other devices were connected

this laptop doesn't have correct port for that network cable
the tests above were done while all other devices were connected
I don't follow. How are you doing the tests above? They're fairly basic and won't prove anything conclusive but unless you're testing through the powerline at the DVR (with DVR disconnected) there's no point as you're bypassing the bit that's the most likely culprit.

understood, didn't do them via powerline, don't have correct port on this laptop for that cable.
is there anything in BT hub manager to look out for as I have that open now?

understood, didn't do them via powerline, don't have correct port on this laptop for that cable.
is there anything in BT hub manager to look out for as I have that open now?
Nothing really. You're trying to prove that a reliable connection can be made to the router from the DVR. As the network signal is going from the DVR > Powerline >----------> Powerline > Router, that end to end path has to be checked for reliability.

I'd be doing those tests and if I was in any doubt that the results weren't repeatedly good after multiple runs I'd just install a cable. If the original installer has ghosted you get a professional in.

noted, i have just taken out the powerline cable from port 2 at the router and it appears to be online for now???

in hub manger showing 13.6MB download and 154.1 upload speeds for powerline adapter

i am certain i have found the root cause although a bit extreme.
on the day hik connect failed, we had an engineer come in to replace the driver/led strip in our beverages fridge as the lights were out.

i have turned these off several times and within 3-4 mins we are online, if i switch the lights on we are offline???????

i am certain i have found the root cause although a bit extreme.
on the day hik connect failed, we had an engineer come in to replace the driver/led strip in our beverages fridge as the lights were out.

i have turned these off several times and within 3-4 mins we are online, if i switch the lights on we are offline???????
Not extreme at all. There was a high probability that if everything was configured correctly, that electrical noise was going to be the cause. This is way more likely in your setup where there may be additional refrigeration and other appliances with components that introduce noise. You’ve really only two options. The best and most reliable as stated a few times is to install a cable. The second is to put the DVR on the WiFi. What you need for that will depend on the model and firmware. If it’s a new(ish) model with up to date firmware, WiFi setup will have its own page in the local menu and you’d just need a suitable adaptor for the USB port (Hikvision do not have a compatibility list for those adapters so it could be hit and miss). Otherwise, you’d need to get a WiFi bridge (Vonets) That would be setup first using your laptop then plugged into the USB (for power) and network ports of the DVR.

Thanks for all your expert support on this.

The model number is iDS-7208HUHI-M1 / FA/A
firmware V4.26.010 build 200923

Ahh - so it was interference from larger power consuming devices?
With Powerline Ethernet adapters in the mix - Yes hey - I've heard of this dropping a Smart TV's connection before in the past

No problem. I think you should be in luck as that's a new model - the WiFi option should be there. You will need an appropriate adapter but you'll be able to pick one up on Amazon. There are some specifications for the adapter that need to be adhered to. When I get a moment, I'll add a link in this post to the one I purchased that meets those specs.

There's an updated version of your firmware on the page below. You're fine going directly to the newest version (4.26.131):

hh - so it was interference from larger power consuming devices?
Quite probably. Things like compressors in refrigeration and motors can cause noise in the AC circuit. As the powerline adaptors are modulating a signal and passing it through that AC waveform, results vary according to how 'clean' the circuit is. Best results would always be obtained with:
  • Powerline units directly into wall outlet
  • Both outlets on the same consumer unit and circuit breaker/RCBO.
A signal can often still be passed through power lines that are on a different circuit, but due to the coils in RCBOs and RCDs the signal and therefore the possible throughput are decreased.

just a quick update, i left the LED strip lights OFF yesterday in the fridge and the cameras (although a bit slow loading up ) were fine.

@JB1970 - please post link for the suitable adapter available from Amazon as soon as you are able.

Thank you.

just a quick update, i left the LED strip lights OFF yesterday in the fridge and the cameras (although a bit slow loading up ) were fine.

@JB1970 - please post link for the suitable adapter available from Amazon as soon as you are able.

Thank you.
Hi @dalB. Apologies, I meant to post the link sooner. I've not tested this one yet, however it meets the chip specifications that I was given. If I can dig out that information I'll put up a separate post that may be helpful to others. Annoyingly the one I got is showing "Currently Unavailable". I'll do a separate post when I get a moment and link that post here

The WIFI dongle is still showing out of stock.

Furthermore, the offline status on Hikconnect has come back.

I have located a roll of CAT5e cable at work to connect directly to router although the run will be very long.

Will this type of cable suffice?

Regards,

Back