01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect - Cameras only show online when device is on the same network [FIXED]

Rebo00

Hi,
Just making a post for future reference in case anyone else has this issue.
Gone through the usual checking it's Online with Hik-Connect, etc and then couldn't find anything mentioning the "fix" I found.

Added the NVR to Hik-Connect, it shows online on the NVR and shows connected in the App.
If you're on the same network as the NVR then you're able to view the cameras without issue but as soon as you switch from WiFi to 3G/4G/5G/etc the cameras go Offline.
Not sure if this is camera model specific or worth trying with all of them and I'm not sure exactly which bit fixed it as I can't recreate the issue now:
1. Disable Stream Encryption: NVR > Configuration > Network > Advanced Configuration > Platform Access > Turn off Stream Encryption > Save
Test and see if they are now Online
2. Configure Network Settings Locally: Camera > Configuration > Network > Basic Settings > IPv4 Default Gateway: NVR Internal Network IP (192.168.254.1) > Save
3. Configure Network Settings Locally: Camera > Configuration > Network > Basic Settings > Preferred DNS Server: NVR Internal Network IP (192.168.254.1) > Save
4. Configure Network Settings Locally: Camera > Configuration > Network > Basic Settings > Alternate DNS Server: Google DNS 8.8.8.8 > Save

You'll be prompted to restart the camera after changing the IPv4 Default Gateway and Saving, I didn't and the cameras came Online.

Once it worked, I reverted all these settings to find out which bit fixed my issue but annoyingly they all still work.

Back