01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HIKVISON APP keeps going off-line???

The WIFI dongle is still showing out of stock.

Furthermore, the offline status on Hikconnect has come back.

I have located a roll of CAT5e cable at work to connect directly to router although the run will be very long.

Will this type of cable suffice?

Regards,
There will be other models that comply with the specifications I gave in the other thread.

100 metres is the limit so you should be well below that. It's critical that the RJ45 plugs on each end are fitted correctly and that the cable is correctly installed without kinks etc.

Thank you for the prompt reply, I have just located the crimping tool and connectors.....

Do i simply remove the network cable from DVR and insert this one or do i have to configure?

By removing the TCP link adapter at the BT router end will free up one port

Thank you for the prompt reply, I have just located the crimping tool and connectors.....

Do i simply remove the network cable from DVR and insert this one or do i have to configure?

By removing the TCP link adapter at the BT router end will free up one port
Yeah you’re just replacing it. Nothing to reconfigure

Sorry to gate crash this thread, but I am in exactly the same position as dalB. I hope you will not be offended for me asking the same question rather than start a new thread with the same topic?

I have a 7216-HUHI-M2 NVR which I setup using a Netgear router, and on a TalkTalk broadband provider. This worked absolutely fine for over a week, I then disconnected to move to another house.

I installed the system this time on a BT fibre BB with BT’s hub6. Changed the NVR settings to the BT 192.168.1.254, and as the NVR was setup with fixed DHCP 192.168.1.166- 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. What I’m trying to say is, everything was setup exactly as the previous network, but to the BT settings.

The NVR worked fine, and the Hikvision portal setup and working exactly as it should. However, after a period of time the NVR goes offline and the only way to get back online is to reboot the router. This happens all the time, and I have contacted BT, Hickvision and the Tech team where purchased. None of them can solve the issue.

Setup is, network cable direct to router, and power supply direct to wall socket.

The NVR supplier did suggest something about ipvr6 issues, but the BT hub will not allow me to turn off. Does this make any sense to yourself?

I do hope you can advise, as this is driving me mad!! I am sorry to gate crash an older post, but I just cannot find a solution. Thank you

Changed the NVR settings to the BT 192.168.1.254
That's the gateway address you've changed to in the NVR? From the settings you've posted, you're correct and that's all you should need to change.

The only other thing to check is that there's no restrictions applied to the BT router - web safe filters etc. These filters work by blocking access to certain domain names that are blacklisted using BTs DNS servers. Using 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (Googles DNS server addresses) which is preferred, would be seen as an attempt to get around the content filter and so the DNS request could be blocked. I've not seen this happen for some time so it's a long shot but check that there are no filters applied and ensure there's no firewall setting blocking anything.

Thank you for getting back, and your swift response.

Yes that is correct, the gateway address changed to the BT one in the NVR.

I have also tried the Preferred DNS to 192.168.1.254, as like you say 8.8.8.8 could be seen as a threat. Sadly that failed also.

I am miles away from the unit at present, but when back next week or so, I will have another look into the problem, but I just thought with your knowledge I might be missing something. The issue just appears to be odd, as the Hikvision portal works for a while, and then goes offline. I do have DDNS set up also in the NVR, and that does work when the portal is active, but when that shuts down so does the DDNS access.

Thank you for your help once again.

Thank you for getting back, and your swift response.

Yes that is correct, the gateway address changed to the BT one in the NVR.

I have also tried the Preferred DNS to 192.168.1.254, as like you say 8.8.8.8 could be seen as a threat. Sadly that failed also.

I am miles away from the unit at present, but when back next week or so, I will have another look into the problem, but I just thought with your knowledge I might be missing something. The issue just appears to be odd, as the Hikvision portal works for a while, and then goes offline. I do have DDNS set up also in the NVR, and that does work when the portal is active, but when that shuts down so does the DDNS access.

Thank you for your help once again.

I have an update on this issue which is a little interesting!

After changing this and changing that to no avail, a process of elimination was the next stage.

I found the following after this: Set-up HVR as normal after factory reset, and firmware update, DDNS set-up, Platform access set-up, Preferred DNS set-up as BT's 192.168.1.254 own. Installed Hik Connect onto Iphone and Ipad by scanning code, both loaded fine. Everything working fine, until yet again 3hrs later access shut down by DDNS and Hikvision platform. Remote access gone as before.

I then disabled the Hikvision platform access at the HVR, and yet again all worked fine for the, but obviously no app access via iphone or ipad. 3hrs later yet again DDNS access gone. Next process enable Hikvision Platform access, and disable DDNS. All working fine, BUT this time the system does not shut down and is still running 48hrs later. The really interesting part here, DDNS disabled at the HVR end, but I can STILL access as you would with a PC using web domain created by DDNS provider! Checked the iphone, and that says DDNS to be setup, but Ipad says DDNS not set up!

This has taken sometime to get working as I am not near the recorder, but after contacting Hikvision direct they had no idea of the problem and certainly no idea what the issue was, and to be honest they were not really interested!!

Anyway, bottom line is, if your having this issue try the above it may work for you. Meanwhile I have a recorder that is not as it should be, so back to Hikvision stockist Monday for a little chat.

Back