01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HILOOK - Can't view cameras remotely after dark ?!

RickyDicky

I have recently purchase a Hilook DVR-208Q-K1 (I have used Saance in the past), all connected OK and all 8 cameras remotely working well from 3 different locations , My Windows PC, My android Phone and my Ipad.....however, after dark or around 9pm ish, the images on all cameras display "No image". When I check on the DVR itself , all 8 cameras show OK ?

I've checked everything within my own knowledge and all appears OK, I'm hoping it's going to be a simple couple of clicks to resolve, but I've been trying for a couple of days now !!

Grateful for any help, many thanks

Hi @RickyDicky

What camera models do you have?

Are they analog/COAX cameras plugged directly into the DVR or network/IP cameras connected to the DVR over the local network?

They are a mixture of Analog Saance and Hikvision and directly connected to the DVR via BNC cables

okay,

any idea of the exact model numbers of the cameras you have?

Okay, assuming they are all 2MP cameras like these then I doubt there is any issue with too high resolution/too much data.

When you log in with a PC are you able to confirm the current firmware version of the DVR?

The DVR says I have the latest version, how do I update it with the version you specify ?

Thanks

If you are logged into the DVR with a PC browser and have the firmware file downloaded from the Hikvision website you should be able to just follow the steps from step 3 of our below forum guide to update the firmware:

I had the "failed to upgrade" message. I checked the potenial fail scenarios, the only one could be the upgrade jump is too high ?

great, I've just noticed that the Hikivison product page where the V4.30.303 firmware can be found is for a DVR-208Q-K1(C)(S) model which suggests it's firmware for the newer (C) hardware version of this DVR and probably isn't compatible with your older non-(C) version of this DVR.

The V4.30.211 firmware is the latest for your version of this DVR.

Ok, Thanks, I guess I wait and see what happens this evening !!!

I'll report back

Thanks for all your patient help.

Just this second checked and all images are displaying "no Video" even when I try to view via a browser, although the timer ticks over !

All Fixed.

Turns out it was the power supplies for the cameras. I have a couple of new cameras and the power supply wasn't high enough rating to cope when the Infrared was turned on. As I was using one power supply with an 8 way splitter. Any advice on power supplies would be welcome when supporting 8 cameras.

Back