01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I enable overwrite on my DVR?

ksio89

As I explained in this thread HiLook DVR-116Q-K1 Can't disable beeping for HD Error exception?, the DVR didn't overwrite the HDD once it was full, but deleted all videos and generated an HDD error exception. I formatted the drive and there's free space again, but of course I don't want to do this everytime it fills up, neither I want to all videos deleted, just the oldest ones. Does anyone know where to turn this feature on, supposed it's supported by my device?

Hi @ksio89

We've not been hands-on with the HiLook products so I am not sure exactly how the menus are laid out but the overwrite setting should be found somewhere like Storage > Advanced Settings > Other and there should be a tick box to "enable overwritting".

If you can't see this menu can you please share a screenshot of the storage menu options you have?

Hi @ksio89

We've not been hands-on with the HiLook products so I am not sure exactly how the menus are laid out but the overwrite setting should be found somewhere like Storage > Advanced Settings > Other and there should be a tick box to "enable overwritting".

If you can't see this menu can you please share a screenshot of the storage menu options you have?
Thanks Dan, I found it and it's already checked, why it didn't work is a mystery. I talked with the guy who installed the equipment and he asked me to wait until the HDD fills up again, if it won't overwrite, he will investigate the equipment and have it replaced if necessary. Still believe it's a DVR bug, HDD has been working fine since the formatting.

I wonder if a firmware upgrade might fix it. For the time being, I enabled H.265+ codec for all cameras, as according to iVMS-4200 manual, it can reduce filesize up to 50% with similar quality.

Reactions: Dan
Back