01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I update and set up newly installed Hikvision AcuSense NVR + cameras?

ian1975

Hello,
My installer have just installed the Hikvision NVR DS-7608NXI-K2 version V4.71.106 Build 220630 + 3 DS-2CD2543G2-IS + 5 DS-2CD2387G2 cameras. Everything works but he didn't have the time to setup the advanced functions (AcuSense, Strobe light, alarm siren...) or upgrade the firmware of the cameras. Here are the questions:
1) How do you check which firmware is on the cameras with the NVR and how do we upgrade the firmware with the NVR or with the PC or MAC?
2) Is there a guide for newbie to help us to configure all the functions in the cameras & NVR?
3) I have an old 1080p monitor plugged in to the NVR. Will the video resolution be better 4 MP or 8 MP on my iPhone 14 HikConnect if I upgrade for a 4K monitor plugged in to the new NVR?
Thanks!
Ian

Attachments

• tempImagesHoI1Y.png
    tempImagesHoI1Y.png
    12 MB · Views: 131
  • tempImageRGW78J.png
    tempImageRGW78J.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 146
Hi @ian1975

The answers to your questions are below:

1) If you go to the camera menu and scroll to the far right of the camera list the final column should show the current firmware version of the connected cameras. You can update the firmware on the direct monitor by loading the firmware onto a USB stick or you can log in to the NVR with a browser and then use Virtual Host to log in to each camera and update the firmware.

The latest firmware for both the NVR & cameras is below (scroll to the bottom of the linked product pages to find the firmware files):

DS-7608NXI-K2 --- V4.74.017_230418
2543G2 & 2387G2 --- V5.7.13_230504 (both cameras use the same AcuSense/Color Vu camera firmware)

2) See our Hikvision-specific Forum, at the top you will see the "How do I set up my Hikvision IP CCTV System?" megathread which takes you through all of the basics and the "How To" tutorials that explain how to configure some more specific settings.

3) Upgrading the monitor won't impact the Hik-Connect stream quality, but it will mean that you can actually see the full resolution quality of both the 4MP & 8MP cameras when accessing the NVR with a direct monitor.

Thanks Dan for your help!
I don't see the Virtual Host option on my NVR network...
Is it easier to upgrade the firmware with the USB stick or with Virtual Host?

Attachments

• tempImageYy3VTj.png
    tempImageYy3VTj.png
    10 MB · Views: 117
Hi @ian1975

Apologies if I wasn't clear but you would need to log in to the NVR using a browser on a PC to access cameras via Virtual Host.

If you want to stick with accessing via a direct monitor, you can load the firmware files (the unzipped digicap.dav files) onto a blank USB stick, plug that into a USB port on the NVR, and then click the little upgrade arrow next to each camera on the camera management page.

If you do it this way, we would recommend trying one camera first and waiting till it has rebooted and reconnected before moving on to the other cameras, just to make sure there are no issues after updating.

Hi Dan,
You I can use Google Chrome to access to the cameras? There is no software to download on the PC?
If I use the USB, which format that I have to use (Fat 16 or 32)?
Can I download the Dav file with a Mac or I have to download with a PC?
Thanks!

Hi @ian1975

If you open a browser on a PC/Mac that is on the same local network as the NVR and enter the NVRs IP address you will be taken to a login screen to access the NVR (although there might be some limitations accessing with a browser on a Mac).

format using Fat32 should be fine.

If you download the firmware on a Mac you should still be able to unzip the file to access the digicap.dav file.

Hi @ian1975

If you open a browser on a PC/Mac that is on the same local network as the NVR and enter the NVRs IP address you will be taken to a login screen to access the NVR (although there might be some limitations accessing with a browser on a Mac).

format using Fat32 should be fine.

If you download the firmware on a Mac you should still be able to unzip the file to access the digicap.dav file.
Hi Dan,
What is IVMS-4200 software use for?

Hi @ian1975

iVMS-4200 is Hikvision's desktop VMS (Video Management Software) that allows you to live view, playback, and manage the settings of the cameras/NVRs. iVMS is really useful when you have multiple NVRs as you can add them all to the software and view/playback all the cameras in one place.

We often say that for Mac users using the Mac version of iVMS is the best, most stable way to access your Hikvision system if not using a direct monitor.

Understood! I didn’t put an SD memory card in to the cameras, is there any advantage doing that since it will record to the HDD?
Thanks!
Ian

Hi Dan,
I see my NVR in SADP and IVMS. How come I don't see the 8 cameras plugged-in directly into the NVR?
I update the NVR firmware successfully with SADP but I didn't see the cameras so I can't upgrade the firmware yet.
What should I do to see the cameras?
Thanks!
Ian

Hi @ian1975

Understood! I didn’t put an SD memory card in to the cameras, is there any advantage doing that since it will record to the HDD?
Thanks!
Ian
If you are already recording to a HDD then a MicroSD card is not required, the only big advantage of recording to both HDD & MicroSD is that it gives you a backup if there is any issue with the HDD recording and/or a HDD fails.

Hi Dan,
I see my NVR in SADP and IVMS. How come I don't see the 8 cameras plugged-in directly into the NVR?
I update the NVR firmware successfully with SADP but I didn't see the cameras so I can't upgrade the firmware yet.
What should I do to see the cameras?
Thanks!
Ian
If the cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR then they will be using the NVRs subnet IP range (192.168.254.xxx) which is not visible/accessible from your local network range, this is why you need to use the Virtual Host feature I linked you to earlier in this thread to gain direct access to the settings of each camera.

Did you update the NVR firmware using the USB stick or by logging into the NVR with a browser? This information will help me guide you to the easiest way for you to update the camera firmware.

Hello Dan,
Thank you for your support.
I was lucky yesterday. I don't know how I was able to update the firmware with SADP software and a browser. After that I can log in the SADP and I can see only the NVR but I don't have any access to the settings of the NVR in SADP software. But I've successfully installed the IVMS-4200 which I have accessed to every settings and the virtual host feature was enabled but I can see only the NVR and no cameras.
I can't use the USB option because the installer puts the NVR in a small area and it's impossible to but in a USB in front of the NVR. The back USB port is used by the mouse.
One option is to plug the pc directly into the back of the NVR but I don't have any PoE port left because they are all occupied the the cameras. Do I unplug one camera port to but the pc in and alternate the port after to update the first camera port? How do I specify a close ip address to the camera in the pc to detect the cameras if plugging in the back of the NVR? Also it will be a hassle to bring the pc/monitor upstair to the basement to plug into the back of the NVR..
Is there another solution to access to the cameras with Virtual Host?
Is it true that with the MicroSD card installed in the cameras you can playback in the Hik-Connect?
Best regards,
Ian

Attachments

• tempImageWZMly9.png
    tempImageWZMly9.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 105
Okay,

I think the easiest thing to do would be to take the NVRs IP address from SADP, enter it into the address bar in your browser, log in to the NVR, and then go to Configuration > System > Camera Management where you will see all the connected cameras. With Virtual Host enabled you should now see virtual host links for each camera in the "Connect" column, when you click each of these links you will be taken to a login page for each camera.

The password for each camera will likely be the same as the NVR because if cameras have been activated by Plug & Play they are usually assigned the NVR password (unless you set a different activation password when going through the NVR setup wizard).

Once logged into each camera you should be able to update the camera firmware in the same way you updated the NVR firmware.

If you add the NVR to Hik-Connect then you should be able to access the NVR HDD recordings, a MicroSD card is only required in the camera if you are adding the cameras individually to Hik-Connect.

Thank you Dan! It's working and I will update for each camera...
How come I receive an error message "can't play live view in SADP"? What should I do to be able to watch live view cameras in SADP?
Ian

Attachments

• tempImagejWuxUV.png
    tempImagejWuxUV.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 99
Hi @ian1975

That screenshot is the browser access and not SADP, I wouldn't expect you to get an error code that mentions SADP when you try to play the live stream in the browser.

Can you please try double-clicking one of the cameras from the left of the screen and if it doesn't stream can you please confirm exactly what the error message says?

This is the only thing that I have from SADP software...

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi Dan,
Live view failed with Edge in internet Explorer mode & Chrome too. Is there any setting to be done to be able to live view in SADP.
I can live view with the NVR and with IVMS...
Thanks!

Okay,

Is it only when logged into each camera directly that you don't see the live view? Can you view the live view of each camera when just logged into the NVR?

Back