01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware How do you update firmware on HikVision Cameras directly connected to your NVR?

talksr

Hi there,
I found a really useful guide somewhere on this forum on how to upgrade the firmware on a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR.
It worked perfectly and I now have it on firmware V4.30.085 build 210409.

I have two CCTV cameras connected to my NVR and using the PoE.
I believe the two cameras I have are DS-2CD2385FWD-I-2.8MM.

If I go to Configuration>System>Camera Management and IP Camera on the NVR via a browser, I see the following:

Cameras.png

I can see the IPs for both cameras, but if I copy and paste those to my browser, it doesn't resolve, and nor does a ping. There must be some sort of NAT going on with the NVR which means I cannot access each camera's web interface.
My NVR IP is 192.168.1.225 and it gets this via DHCP from the broadband router.
I can see that both cameras are 192.168.254.7&8 respectively which is a different range. I did not configure their IP settings so they seem to be getting these from the NVR.
Can anyone suggest how I can gain access to each camera, check it's model is as I expected it to be and also view the current firmware and then upgrade to the correct, latest version?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to enable Virtual Host on your NVR:

You need to enable Virtual Host on your NVR:

Thanks for the fast reply Phil, I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly.
I have two DS-2CD2385FWD-I both with firmware V5.5.61 build 180718.
Do you happen to have the link I can follow to get the latest firmware?

I found this on Google which suggests Firmware: IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.3_190923 would be the latest. Do you know if that is correct?

Reactions: Dan
Hi @talksr

G1 is the correct firmware but the latest version is v5.6.6 and I would recommend you download it from the UK Download Portal.

As you are quite a few versions behind I would recommend that you update to v5.6.1 first before updating to v5.6.6

Hi @talksr

G1 is the correct firmware but the latest version is v5.6.6 and I would recommend you download it from the UK Download Portal.

As you are quite a few versions behind I would recommend that you update to v5.6.1 first before updating to v5.6.6
Thanks Dan, that makes perfect sense. I have downloaded 5.6.1 first, however, when I go to each individual camera, this is all I am seeing under Maintenance...

FirmwareUpdate.png
There doesn't seem to be a Upgrade section with a firmware upload button.
I did try putting the firmware file into the Import Config. File, but it didn't like that and just keeps saying 'Importing'. Do you have any ideas on where the Upgrade section might have gone?

Hi @talksr

What browser are you using when logged into the NVR/accessing the cameras via virtual host?

You may need to login using Internet Explorer because the old firmware your cameras are running may not properly support modern browsers like Chrome & Firefox and this can cause some menus and settings to be missing.

Hi @talksr

What browser are you using when logged into the NVR/accessing the cameras via virtual host?

You may need to login using Internet Explorer because the old firmware your cameras are running may not properly support modern browsers like Chrome & Firefox and this can cause some menus and settings to be missing.
Thanks for the post. I was on Chrome, switched to Edge, but I am on Windows 11 so can't seem to get IE anymore. Will have a play and see what I can do, if not, will get a Windows 10 laptop from work. Will update you. Thanks again for the fast replies and help on this, it is much appreciated!

If you follow the video in the below forum thread you can enable IE mode in Edge and that should work.

If you follow the video in the below forum thread you can enable IE mode in Edge and that should work.

Thank you Dan for all of your help. That worked a treat. Both cameras are now fully up to date on firmware V5.6.6 build 210625.
What an excellent forum. Thank you! :)

Back