01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

how to DOWNGRADE Hikvision Cameras

tester22

hi guys, I need your help, I want to DOWNGRADE my 2 cameras, , so please help me to DOWNGRADE to this version IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902 ,.

I already tried to Downgrade, but it is now Downgrading in my Cameras.

Please help me to DOWNGRADE my 2 Cameras
-[2.8mm] Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera
&
-Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW 4MP Built-in Microphone Wi-Fi IP Network Camera POE

Currently I am having this file in my cameras IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.0_170725 which I don't like, please help me to downgrade.

Hopefully waiting for your replies.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
You should be able to download an older version and proceed through the usual 'upgrade' process:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/how-to-update-hikvision-firmware-in-just-nine-simple-steps.1323/

Both of your cameras are from the R6 Family. All firmware versions for that HikVision camera family can be downloaded here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

We don't recommend downgrading, simply because the newer/latest firmware fixes potential vulnerabilities in the earlier firmware.

It's always best to run the latest firmware and work to resolve any issues arising.

hi there, WHICH OLDER VERSION I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 1st ON THIS CAMERAS,
because I try to download this older version IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902 by following below procedure ,

go to web and type url IP Address of a Camera then click on Configuration, Maintenance, in Upgrade Firmware click on Browse, select from this folder IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902 this file “digicap.dav” size 27MB, click on Upgrade, after this Upgrade FAIL,

So I like to know, which is the BEST OLDER FILE I have to Download,.

Please let me know the file,.

Thanks

hi there, WHICH OLDER VERSION I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 1st ON THIS CAMERAS,
because I try to download this older version IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902 by following below procedure ,

go to web and type url IP Address of a Camera then click on Configuration, Maintenance, in Upgrade Firmware click on Browse, select from this folder IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902 this file “digicap.dav” size 27MB, click on Upgrade, after this Upgrade FAIL,

So I like to know, which is the BEST OLDER FILE I have to Download,.

Please let me know the file,.

Thanks

Hi did you resolved problem with donwgrade firmware from 5.5.x to 5.4.x ?

Back