01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware HTML 5 firmware update for my DS-7604NI-K1 (B) NVR?

A8ree

I'm trying to find a firmware update for my NVR that will provide HTML5 web viewer. I have always had issues with viewing the cameras in a browser and have had to set up VMs to use IE with a plugin
I've tried a number of updates but nothing will update - HIKVISION UK PORTAL
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 23.48.56.png

Can anyone advise?

Hi @A8ree

The reason the firmware you have linked won't work is that it is actually for a different model to the one you have, you have a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) NVR and the firmware you linked to is for the newer iteration of the same model - the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(D).

The latest firmware for your (B) NVR is V4.30.096_build221220 but unfortunately, I don't think this will support the HTML5 modern browser solution as Hikivision does not plan to introduce this for the older K-series NVRs.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for the link for the firmware. I've applied it successfully. As you suspected, there is no support for html5. Given that IE is dead, is there a way in which i can configure things like line crossing - which needs a live view?

Hi @A8ree

Your best option is probably going to be installing Hikvision's free VMS - iVMS-4200(V3.9.0.5_E) - which is desktop based and should allow you to have full control of all the configuration.

Back