01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I can't update firmware of DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL

dotbloup

I don't know why but I am unable to upgrade the firmware of my hikvision DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL
are there several versions of it? I bought it on Ebay and i wondered if there are different regional versions of it.
I tried to upload Firmware_V5.7.17_240606 from
I get the error: "The type of upgrade file mismatches."
It got stuck to V5.7.14 build 231028
I successfully updated other cameras with the firmware file

1718641095974.png

1718641164904.png

any thoughts?

I don't know why but I am unable to upgrade the firmware of my hikvision DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL
are there several versions of it? I bought it on Ebay and i wondered if there are different regional versions of it.
I tried to upload Firmware_V5.7.17_240606 from
I get the error: "The type of upgrade file mismatches."
It got stuck to V5.7.14 build 231028
I successfully updated other cameras with the firmware file

View attachment 11299

View attachment 11300

any thoughts?
You haven’t unzipped/decompressed the file. You need to do that first. The file once unzipped will be called ‘digicap.dav’

You haven’t unzipped/decompressed the file. You need to do that first. The file once unzipped will be called ‘digicap.dav’
Thank you but as I said before, I already successfully updated the firmware of another Hikvision camera using the digicap.dav and it worked.
I contacted hikvision support. I will see.

Thank you but as I said before, I already successfully updated the firmware of another Hikvision camera using the digicap.dav and it worked.
I contacted hikvision support. I will see.
Sometimes this is a browser issue. Clear the history and retry. If that doesn't work try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox etc)

For those who wonder I think I know what is happening.

I bought this camera on Ebay and it comes from a whole seller located in China. I think there is a regional code in the rom of the camera and when I try to upgrade the firmware with a firmware downloaded from the Hikvision UK website, it does not work because it expects a Firmware with the Chinese regional code.

Back