01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I Series NVR Update

Nigels89

Hello all

Just seen on the Hikvision portal that there is a new firmware update for the I series NVR that's been released today.

V4.22.005 Build 191208

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Just updated mine, can’t see anything new, although I haven’t had much of a rummage.

It’s annoying when they don’t include release notes.

Hello all

Just seen on the Hikvision portal that there is a new firmware update for the I series NVR that's been released today.

V4.22.005 Build 191208

Thanks for sharing, we have contacted Hik support about the release notes and they say the release notes will be available next Wednesday.

We will post them here as soon as they are available. (that is if they are not added to the download portal straight away)

Release Notes received and attached:

Attachments

• external_NVR_V4.22.005 build 191208_Release Notes.pdf
    593.1 KB · Views: 308
so we can't use more then 1 4k cam? as i have over 4+ and also some 4mp, got around 10 so far on a 16ch system!!! so i can only have max 8ch if i use more then 8 i'm stuffed!!!! this release notes are badly worded!!

so we can't use more then 1 4k cam? as i have over 4+ and also some 4mp, got around 10 so far on a 16ch system!!! so i can only have max 8ch if i use more then 8 i'm stuffed!!!! this release notes are badly worded!!

No, those release notes only refer to high-resolution cameras above 8MP, it is basically a future-proofing update to allow customers who are starting to use the few 12MP, 20MP, and higher megapixel cameras that are available. If you are using 8MP cameras you do not need to use the 'High-resolution Mode' as the I-series NVRs support 8MP cameras as standard.

Your NVR should be able to support 8MP cameras on all 16-channels, the High-resolution Mode reduces the number of channels simply because the NVR has a bandwidth limit and 20/32MP cameras obviously use much more bandwidth and so Hikvision has calculated that the max. the I-series NVRs will currently support is 8-channels, but with that new mode disabled you will still have access to all 16-channels.

Back