01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Identical Cameras - One has Face Detection.

Phil23

Hi All,

Stumbled over this yesterday.
I have 10 identical camera, (1 not installed), and noticed that just one has Face Detection listed under the smart events.
All on 5.5.5 as of yesterday, & that's when I first noticed it & assumed the upgrade must have added it to all cameras.

Any ideas where it's come from on just that one camera?
Serial numbers are the only thing different in basic information.

Phil
Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

That's an odd one.
All the same model number?
Are they all 'Western Region'?
(WR in the serial number)

All Same Model#, All WR.

Looking at the above serial#, is the..WD-I2017xxxxBBWR a build date?
That is slightly different.

Is Face detection supported by this model? DS-2CD2042WD?

Is Face detection supported by this model? DS-2CD2042WD?

No, face detection wasn't available on HikVision's R6 Family cameras.
2042 datasheet - https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets...042wdi_4mp_wdr_mini_bullet_network_camera.pdf

It was introduced with their G1 Family cameras:
2035 datasheet - https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/5512/hikvision_ds2cd2035fwdi_3mp_mini_bullet_network_camera.pdf

"Face Detection - Human face appears in the image can be detected and trigger linkage method"

Got an answer over on Ipcamtalk.

If I disable H264+ for a given camera on the DVR, then Face Detection appears under the Smart events when you access the camera via the Virtual Host.

If you try & access Face detection from the DVR, it reports that the camera does not support it.

My DVR is on V3.4.93 build 170714, as installed by the suppliers after I bricked it back in December with an upgrade.

Thought I was going mad, as I was sure I'd seen Face detect on more than one cam in the past week.

Was only a few days back I enabled H264+ on all cameras but 1.
Disabled it again now, and would have to say that the Web interface is very bogged down with it on vs off.

Things like switching from main to sub streams ate a lot slower with 264+ turned on.

Phil.

Thanks for the update & info - every day is a school day here!

Back