01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S HVR and DS-7216HQHI-K1 HVR connectivity query

Dmt

Planning to connect to my iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S HVR a 5MP HD camera with TVI protocol. The above resolution is displayed from my HVR.
However my iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S HVR is directly connected to my DS-7216HQHI-K1 HVR through my Local Area Network and stream cameras from it in full resolution( current is 2MP) playing without issues.

My question is if my DS-7216HQHI-K1 HVR, capable only up until 4MP HD cameras, will display my 5MP camera, which however will be physically connected to my iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S HVR.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Hi @Dmt

I can't say for certain as we only really have experience with IP cameras and NVRs, but as the iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S specs state that the maximum HDTVI input is 4MP, this normally means that the camera won't work on it unless the resolution is set to 4MP or less.

Hi Kyle and thanks for your time answering my query.

iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S can play 5MP only in TVI protocol( Other protocols like AHD and CVI stop at 4MP display). Yesterday i physically connect a 5MP camera and perform fluessly.

I connect also physically with BNC the same 5MP camera to my DS-7216HQHI-K1 HVR which is capable until 4MP and indeed the HVR switch the camera automatically in 4MP lite in all HD protocols.

when i will connect my two above HVR through LAN i am wondering if the DS-7216HQHI-K1 can stream from iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S the 5MP camera.
It will certainly stream it at 4MP but i was wondering if i can take the image physically in the iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S at 5MP and by some way can stream it to my DS-7216HQHI-K1 in less analysis

Back