01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Help with new Firmware for DVR, DS-7208HQHI-F1/N/1D3 & iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A?

stvn

Hi,

I am unable to find the latest softwares for these two DVR:

DS-7208HQHI-F1/N/1D3 (C), current: V3.4.81 build 170227 (WR)

iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (C), current: V4.26.010 build 200923 (WR) (for this one I have only found the EU firmware which doesn't apply to mine)

Thank you to :)

Update: I think I found the latest firmware for DS-7208HQHI-F1/N/1D3: V3.4.89 build 181108 *correct me if I'm wrong
still no luck with iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (C)

Hi @stvn

Yes, v3.4.89 does look to be the latest version for that first DVR and I think the latest firmware for the iDS-72 DVR can be found HERE

Hi @stvn

Yes, v3.4.89 does look to be the latest version for that first DVR and I think the latest firmware for the iDS-72 DVR can be found HERE
Hi,

Thank you for the response, for iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (C), I have tried the one from the website you have linked but it did not work. I tried the version 4.26.011/ from this website which worked, noticed that the firmware is K8A4 which is for the B models, the new C models are K20A8. My DVR has CC in the serial code which means that it is the C model if I'm not wrong. I have tried multiple K20A8 & K20A8S firmwares but none have worked.

Update: I tried this firmware too HERE which worked, but it is weird since that one is not for the C models.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 12.39.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 12.39.13.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hi @stvn

The CC in the serial number does NOT denote that it is a (C) model, if it is a (C) model you will see the letter C either on the packaging/DVR label or in the basic information menu when logged into the DVR.

If you can't see the (C) in either of those places you would need to compare the current firmware the DVR is running with old versions of both the (C) and (B) models to see if your DVR is using any of those existing firmware versions.

If you go back to the Hikvision product page I linked you to you will see there are 3 firmware versions, the v4.26.011 firmware is there and marked as an Asia firmware.

This means that your DVR came from the Asia region and will only use region-specific Asia firmware, at the moment that v4.26.011 firmware appears to be the latest version.

Hi,
Hi @stvn

The CC in the serial number does NOT denote that it is a (C) model, if it is a (C) model you will see the letter C either on the packaging/DVR label or in the basic information menu when logged into the DVR.

If you can't see the (C) in either of those places you would need to compare the current firmware the DVR is running with old versions of both the (C) and (B) models to see if your DVR is using any of those existing firmware versions.

If you go back to the Hikvision product page I linked you to you will see there are 3 firmware versions, the v4.26.011 firmware is there and marked as an Asia firmware.

This means that your DVR came from the Asia region and will only use region-specific Asia firmware, at the moment that v4.26.011 firmware appears to be the latest version.

Thank you for the response. I did not use the Asia firmware, I used the Europe one. Regarding about the C, I have two other iDS-7204HQHI-M1/S which do not say (C) on the webpage but are on the latest (C) firmware V4.71.110 build 230823, I always thought that CC meant that it is the C model.

I have checked the webgui and I can see that it has 4 alarm input and 1 output which should mean that it is this one : iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A(EU STD)(C)/4A+4/1ALM, which you sent the firmware for, but it did not work.

That site you keep linking to is actually the Russian firmware portal (see the URL) and that can actually be unique firmware that is different to the actual Hikvision EU Portal.

If firmware from that Russian portal has worked on one of your DVRs we would recommend trying to locate the firmware for the other models also on that portal as that seems to be the correct regional firmware for your DVRs.

That site you keep linking to is actually the Russian firmware portal (see the URL) and that can actually be unique firmware that is different to the actual Hikvision EU Portal.

If firmware from that Russian portal has worked on one of your DVRs we would recommend trying to locate the firmware for the other models also on that portal as that seems to be the correct regional firmware for your DVRs.
Sorry for the confusion, I just compared the firmwares between the Russian and EU Portal and they are the same, Europe version firmwares.

Russian portal firmware for Turbo 5.0 goes up to 4.71.002 (EU Firmware)
EU portal firmware for Turbo 5.0 goes up 4.26.120 (EU Firmware)
UK portal firmware for C models V4.26.131 and for B models V4.26.011 (B model is the only one that has worked from the three portals)
Latest EU Firmware is V4.71.111, found on the Hikvision product site.

My DVR seems to be iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A(EU STD)(C)/4A+4/1ALM, WR region, 2020 production but all the K20A8 firmwares I have tried have not worked, only the K8A4 have worked which are for the B models.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 14.24.17.png

Last edited:
Okay @stvn

That screenshot doesn't show a (C) as part of the part code and because it seems to only be taking the K8A4 (B) firmware I think that would probably confirm that that is actually an older iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (B) model and not a iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (C).

In that case, v4.26.011 is the latest available firmware for that model.

Okay @stvn

That screenshot doesn't show a (C) as part of the part code and because it seems to only be taking the K8A4 (B) firmware I think that would probably confirm that that is actually an older iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (B) model and not a iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S/A (C).

In that case, v4.26.011 is the latest available firmware for that model.
Does it need to specifically show the (C) on the device model? I have a DS-7616NXI-I2/S at home which is with the latest (C) firmware and two iDS-7204HUHI-M1/S which are on the latest (C) firmware too but all of them do not show (C) on the webgui.

Hi @stvn

I tried to explain earlier that not all models do show in the part code that they are a (B) or (C) model, in those cases you have to look at the current firmware and see if it appears in the (B) or (C) firmware folder to confirm which model it is.

Unfortunately, in your case, it is more confusing because the v4.26.011 firmware does appear to be available in both folders, in the (B) folder it is the latest/last firmware and in the (C) folder there are a couple of other versions after it (up to v4.26.131).

If your DVR won't support those (C) versions after v4.26.011 then that probably confirms it as a (B) model and v4.26.011 as the latest firmware.

Hi @stvn

I tried to explain earlier that not all models do show in the part code that they are a (B) or (C) model, in those cases you have to look at the current firmware and see if it appears in the (B) or (C) firmware folder to confirm which model it is.

Unfortunately, in your case, it is more confusing because the v4.26.011 firmware does appear to be available in both folders, in the (B) folder it is the latest/last firmware and in the (C) folder there are a couple of other versions after it (up to v4.26.131).

If your DVR won't support those (C) versions after v4.26.011 then that probably confirms it as a (B) model and v4.26.011 as the latest firmware.
Hi @dan ,

Got it, thank you for the help. It is a bit weird that a 2020 production DVR only gets less than a year of updates while other ones get up to 3.

Could you also help me with the firmware of HWD-5108, current firmware is V4.30.122 build 201107. I have looked everywhere but haven't found a single file. Thank you in advance

Back