01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Intercom on Wi-Fi - door unit doesn't reconnect after power outage

mhorejsi

Hello,

I bought Video Intercom bundle DS-KIS603-P. What I want to do is to have both door unit and indoor unit connected via Wi-Fi.

To configure the Wi-Fi, I first connect both units via ethernet, setup Wi-Fi connection properties and fixed IP addresses. When I try to make a call, everything works. Perfect. Then I remove ethernet cables and try to make a call. It still works. If I restart router, both units re-connect and everything works.

The problem is when there's power outage and door unit restarts. It says "The Wi-Fi is connected", but it's not accessible on any of the IPs (neither the static one I configured, nor the dynamic one I can see in iWMS-4200). To make the door unit working again, I need to connect ethernet cable to it for a short while. "Something magical happens" and then the unit works again (is reachable). After this short period, I can disconnect the ethernet cable and live on Wi-Fi again.

I tried to update the door unit DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) to the latest firmware V2.2.45 build 210430 but it didn't help.

Am getting desperate here. Is there a bug in firmware of the door unit or am I doing something terribly wrong? Going outside and attaching ethernet cable to the unit to "resurrect it" is a workaround I don't want to live with.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Did you assign the fixed IP address to the Wi-fi or Ethernet interface? Is the fixed IP issued by your router?

I was eventually able to solve the problem by enabling DHCP on both units and configuring my router in a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the devices. This way, it works properly even after a power outage.

The same problem i solved by giveing the 12v adapter with battery UPS for the door station. After this the outdoor unit will not disconnect from hik connect server. You can find cheep one. Works 100%
PowerWalker DC 12 volt

Back