01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion Detection not triggering recording on my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR?

Prototype

I have a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P Firmware Version V4.60.000 build 211129 and a DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL camera (not the C version) and Intrusion Detection is not triggering recording.

Settings are I have Basic motion detection on to record general motion but I have intrusion detect on to capture when a human walks past and to email me and start recording. Problem is it is not recording. Is this because basic motion is also setup to record or have I got something setup wrong?

Attachments

• Basic Motion.jpg
    Basic Motion.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Intrustion.jpg
    Intrustion.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 185
  • Intrustion1.jpg
    Intrustion1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 192
Hi @Prototype

On the NVR under Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings > Record Schedule how do you have camera's record schedule set?

Hello Dan, I have the record Schedule set to Motion. I assumed that trigger recording would override this? How can you set to record Basic and Smart Events or can you only do one or the other?

Attachments

• Record Schedule.jpg
    Record Schedule.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 166
Hi @Prototype

I don't believe it is possible to record by both basic and smart events, if you want to capture both you would need to set one up for recording and the other up for notifications.

Another factor that may cause issues with accurate detection is that both boxes for motion and intrusion detection are drawn almost directly on top of each other and so when an object enters those boxes the camera will struggle to know which event to trigger and so you may miss recordings sometimes.

Back