01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is there a limitation on fps if you add an IP camera on a DVR?

KamirZG

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi all,

Does anybody know, is there a limitation on fps if you add IP camera on a DVR.
If DVR support analog camera 8MP/8fps and IP camera is 8MP/25fps what is limit for fps?

If you read datasheet of DVR is section "IP camera" there is only maximum number, MP and compression. Nothing about max fps.

Hi @KamirZG

What DVR model do you have? Do you have a link for the datasheet?

okay, we haven't done this ourselves but based on the fact that the 8MP@8fps information is under the 'Recording' header on the datasheet that would suggest that this fps limitation applies to both IP and analog 8MP cameras.

If anyone else on the forum has actually configured an 8MP IP camera & DVR system, can you please provide a more concrete answer from your experience?

The thing I don't understand is why it can recieve 12MP IP camera. What's the point of that.

Just to inform you, there is no limitation on fps. Datasheet only refers to analog cameras. If was record in full fps that camera offers.
Only worry is total bandwidth of DVR.

We tested it.

Reactions: Dan
Thanks for testing it @KamirZG

I'm sure it will be useful information for others that want to use IP cameras on a DVR.

No worries. Client wanted to add 25fps camera for recording money counting but didn't wanted to change DVR to NVR.

The thing that I don't understand is that Hikvision technical support didn't know about that. They said that it's 8MP/8fps (max for analog and IP both the same).

I know you are official distributor like us. Who is responsible for you? Freddy, Ryan, Oxford?

Hi,

I guess that occasionally the Hikvision contacts we speak with don't have full knowledge of the full range of products.
To be fair, the range is vast now!

As it happens, we don't recognise any of those contacts :)
Big range / BIG company!

Yeah, and they change them like socks :D

I got reply later from their technical (not support but R&D I guess). They said the same like support.

Back