01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Is there an easy way to find the correct / latest firmware for Hikvision devices?

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I've noticed that there are some very helpful responses to firmware update requests - and have often had a look through the various portals trying to work out which is the current firmware for some of my own cameras/NVR's and one's I've fitted for others. It feels quite a quagmire of detail when looking through the various Hikvision portals. I've gotten a basic understanding of how Hikvision model numbers work - but is there a straightforward (easyish) way to find the latest firmware for a Hikvision product without having to resort to asking a forum for help? (I don't mind asking - but would rather find it myself than bothering others!). Those of you that reply to firmware requests here - are you doing so from years of experience and knowing just where to look? Or is there any online guide 'best practice' on how to find the right firmware? (This is just a random question for a wet afternoon)

but is there a straightforward (easyish) way to find the latest firmware for a Hikvision product without having to resort to asking a forum for help?
No

are you doing so from years of experience and knowing just where to look?
Yes

And, I say that as someone who used to know where to look, and now (through lack of practice / checking / keeping-up) is as confused as any newbie :)
Let's put it this way, it is not getting any easier!

Having seen how much Hikvision is turning over on that recent post - it might be about time to consolidate the firmware updates and get them into some logical order - but imagine that'll be a mammoth task! So for now we'll have to post on here and ask nicely for a pointer in the right direction, rather than trying to find it ourselves and bricking our kit :cool:

Currently, it seems like Hikvision is uploading the latest firmware releases on their product pages.

Hopefully, they stick to doing this :)

So, check the "download center" at the bottom the page for the product you want to update on the Hikvision UK website, e.g.:

Why is every firmware file named digicap.dav? I usually rename mine, unless it’s a TFTP upload.

Why is every firmware file named digicap.dav? I usually rename mine, unless it’s a TFTP upload.
I always read it as 'digicap.dave' - picturing some bloke in an office somewhere writing the firmware updates with his unusual headgear on....

Having seen how much Hikvision is turning over on that recent post - it might be about time to consolidate the firmware updates and get them into some logical order - but imagine that'll be a mammoth task! So for now we'll have to post on here and ask nicely for a pointer in the right direction, rather than trying to find it ourselves and bricking our kit :cool:
I'm quite adept at clicking through the UK portal to find the correct folder and file as I'm always checking. However if you want to make it easier, why not just bookmark the specific pages for your models and have a 'Firmware' bookmark folder. You can then edit the friendly name of the bookmark to be either 'G3', 'G5' or something that makes more sense/is more familiar to you and it'll take you directly to the page with all of the files for a given model. I do similar with my cameras - I have folder on my favourites bar called 'CCTV' and within it "NVR', 'Cam 1 - Drive' etc so I can click directly to the NVR or a specific cameras webpage (rather than go through the link url's in the NVR)

Back